1. shinekarobinson
    November 3, 2012 @ 8:53 pm

I’m glad you told this story. I think we all need to be reminded of just how wonderful and precious life is. Thanks for the reminder.

November 6, 2012 @ 2:53 am

Thanks, Shineka. I know even now, when I get so frustrated with her that I’d like to shake some sense into her…I need to remember this, and other amazing moments in her life (like the time she stopped breathing).

2. breeanaputtroff
    October 26, 2011 @ 3:01 pm

What a beautiful post, Kristy, and what a fantastic girl with a great mom. The mother/daughter thing is never easy, but precious all the same. I’m sure things will get easier for the two of you (and hard again, then easier again), but she’s worth it. 🙂

October 26, 2011 @ 4:16 pm

Thanks, Breeana. And you are spot on there, it’s never easy. But right now is the hardest it’s ever been, so I can’t wait for the easy part to come around again. Sometimes, though, all you can do is hope that you’ve instilled enough good values in your children that they’ll remember them eventually. 🙂

3. Emma Burcart
    October 26, 2011 @ 2:50 pm

What a great story! It’s nice to know that miracles really do happen. And your daughter is lucky. What a great story to have about your own birth. My mother has told me many times the story of my birth. About how I was two months late and came right at lunch time, interrupting a great meal. Not really touching or exciting. But at least I can blame my bad timing on my birth. I can’t help it, I was born late. But I probably owe my mom lunch.

October 26, 2011 @ 4:19 pm

Thanks, Emma. And yes they do happen. I’ve seen a few over the course of my life (hoping for another really quick, lol). I love the story about your birth, but oh…your poor mother. I only ever carried one baby to term, and she was a week late. That was a week too long. Two months? Oh my gosh! Yes. You should take her out for a nice lunch! 🙂