1. breeanaputtroff
    November 2, 2011 @ 5:10 pm

So sorry … for both of you. Gonna go hug my munchkin while she’s still four. Just picture Thomas punching him in the nose.

2. Kristy K. James
    November 2, 2011 @ 5:15 pm

Thanks, Breeana. And do hug your munchkin. It’s a lot easier now than it will be after a guy breaks her heart someday. You’ll know that she’ll get over it…it’s just getting her there that will be the hard part.

Love imagining Thomas punching him in the nose, lol. I’d like to do a little punching myself. 🙂

3. Prudence MacLeod
    November 2, 2011 @ 6:31 pm

Tell your daughter that old Viking Proverb, “Living well is the best revenge.”
    I also must confess more than one evil doer in my life has met his fate in the pages of a novel. I have yet to use the septic tank thing though, nice one.
    Ok, you can borrow my diarrhea ray gun for a while if you like.

Blessings to you both. Prudence

4. Kristy K. James
    November 2, 2011 @ 10:02 pm

Ooh! A diarrhea gun…I like it! Only problem is, he’s so full of it there would be nothing left to drown if I used that on him. 🙂

Seriously though…great proverb. I’m going to write it down because she’s in no mood to be cheered up right now. I’ll give it to her in a few days though. Thanks. 🙂

5. asraidevin
    November 3, 2011 @ 2:11 am

Aww mama bear. Hopefully I have a long while before I have to deal with boyfriends, but it’s sooner then i’d like.

Go do some boxing while you pretend it’s him. Or yes write him into a story where bad things happen.

6. Kristy K. James
    November 3, 2011 @ 2:16 am

Boxing is a wonderful idea! LOL…I could even print his picture and glue it to the punching bag. 🙂

But yes, I will be having all sorts of bad things happen to him in the book. And since it’s a series, I may just drag it out through two or three.

You are so right though, Asrai, boyfriends will be in the picture before you know it. Remember when you started dating, all the times your heart was ‘broken?’ You’ll find it was a lot easier to go through it yourself than it is to watch a daughter (or even son) go through it. I think maybe because you want to rip the offending person’s head off. 🙂

7. The Roads We Travel in the Name of Love | Kristy K. James
    November 14, 2011 @ 12:08 am

[…] were real, or that her heart is currently broken, but it did give me a reason to write ‘Gonna Drown A Guy In My Septic Tank.’  In a book.  In a book!  Really.  I’m going to make the ex a character in a book. […]

8. It’s Okay, Mom, Don’t Worry. Yeah, Right! | Kristy K. James
    December 20, 2011 @ 10:38 pm

[…] Because the guy who broke my daughter’s heart about seven weeks ago, the one who inspired my Gonna Drown A Guy In My Septic Tank blog, is back.  And since no one under the age of twenty-five seems to be able to learn from the […]

9. Introducing…My New ‘Pretty Much Perfect Hero’ Blog! « Pretty Much Perfect Heroes
    December 30, 2012 @ 9:14 pm

[…] to a septic tank repairman – and his towel wielding wife, to the perfect way to get rid of my daughter’s first boyfriend (little […]