1. susielindau
    November 11, 2011 @ 6:33 pm

Such a great post!
    I would say that everyone has regrets, the would have, should haves can slip into your mind and kill a lot of precious time. That’s why I love to write. I can’t think of anything else!
    Happy Birthday Tim! 50 isn’t fatal….

2. Kristy K. James
    November 11, 2011 @ 7:52 pm

They certainly can be time wasters. But I think if you use your reflection time as a time to reevaluate and make changes, it can be a good thing. Good point on the writing! 🙂

And thank goodness fifty ISN’T fatal….cause I plan on living to be at least 100. 🙂

3. Shelli Johnson
    November 11, 2011 @ 9:02 pm

Hi Kristy!

This is a fabulous post. Why? Because I’m absurdly busy & you’re completely right ~ goals pass & then you’re on to the next thing and the next and the next. There’s never an end it seems. I especially love this ~ “You don’t have to travel to not be present in your life. You can be there twenty-four/seven and still not be there.” That’s so true. I have to make a conscious effort to slow down & BE there in the moment with my friends/family/kids/etc. instead of thinking about the laundry list of stuff I have to do.

All my best, Shelli

November 11, 2011 @ 10:11 pm

Thanks, Shelli. I think most people have this same problem. And even though I’m aware that I do it, I still fail too often at remembering what’s important. But all we can do is keep trying, reminding ourselves that all the busy work and goals will be there, but the people we love, and need to give our attention to, might not. 🙂

4. Karen McFarland
    November 12, 2011 @ 12:25 am

Thank you Kristy for such a profound post. Loved it!

Isn’t it true. Everyone is so busy chasing their tail, while at the same time their missing out on what is most important. Stuff can be good, but it can’t bring us lasting happiness. Stuff is temporary.

Relationships with our loved ones mean so much more. And as you so kindly pointed out, when we loose someone close to us in death, it does make us reflect on what’s more important.

Our life goes by much too fast. It’s just too precious. 🙂

November 12, 2011 @ 1:12 am

Thanks, Karen. I’m so glad you liked it. And it is true. All of it. That stuff is temporary and can’t bring lasting happiness, that our loved ones are so much more important. And we do need to spend time reflecting on our lives from time to time. And make adjustments to allow more time for what matters most. Our family and friends. Because time does slip by too quickly. We can’t lose out on the important opportunities…and those will never be about ‘things.’ 🙂

5. timlobrien
    November 14, 2011 @ 6:16 pm

What a great post. You have a way of transcending your thoughts and feelings into words that I wish I could do. I could actually feel everything your words said. Great job and thank you for sharing.

November 14, 2011 @ 6:30 pm

Thanks, Tim. I think you need to read your own blog again though, because your words really touched my heart. You expressed the feelings we all go through with each birthday that ends in a zero extremely well. 🙂