November 28, 2011 @ 6:35 pm

You’ve got the right idea. It doesn’t have to cost a lot of money. It’s about the company and what you make of it.

Interesting fact: We have a Hells Gate over this way in Death Valley. I wonder if one must pass through there to get to Hell, Michigan. ;o)

2. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    November 28, 2011 @ 7:14 pm

Hmm…Hells Gate. If you see Sam and Dean, let me know. I’ll head right over. Might as well since we don’t have SNOW in Michigan yet. But I guess that means Hell won’t freeze over any time soon. 🙂

And it is about the company. One thing I’ve learned, sometimes the hard way, is that it doesn’t matter what you have, or where you go. It’s who you’re with. The wrong person can make it ‘hell’ on earth (right here in Michigan, lol). But the right person could make a cave a nice place to be. For me that would have to be a VERY special person because I have this thing about liking open spaces more. 🙂

3. Lynn Kelley
    November 28, 2011 @ 11:26 pm

I’m with you. I don’t think you need to spend a fortune on a honeymoon (or a wedding, for that matter), but my kids don’t agree, so they paid for their own weddings (most of it) and honeymoons! LOL!

4. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    November 29, 2011 @ 12:14 am

Oh I know! I’ve been stunned when people have shared with me what they’ve spent on their kids weddings I could make three house payments for what some of the dresses cost (just ONE dress). I think a great wedding would be a sunset ceremony on the beach, followed by a barbeque with burgers, potato salad and cake. Minimal expense, heavy on the romance…and likely convenient to a nice hotel, LOL.

5. Karen McFarland
    November 29, 2011 @ 1:28 am

Although I do agree with you Kristy, there is something to be said for ambiance. You know, setting the mood. But perhaps people have taken it a little too far. Hello, that’s a new thought! LOL

I do think it’s more important to be with that special someone, but Michigan? Seriously? In the winter? I’m joking! 🙂

6. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    November 29, 2011 @ 1:57 am

LOL…yeah, I have to say a beach wedding in December or January in Michigan might leave a little to be desired (like warmth!). Somehow I think being treated for frostbite on your honeymoon would kill the whole romance thing.

I think you’re right that it’s been taken a bit too far. I remember going to weddings when I was a kid and all the families brought food to the reception. The thought of paying $30+ a head for catering would have been laughed off as a joke.

If I had $20,000 laying around to pay for my daughter’s wedding when she gets married, I’d rather spend $3,000 on the wedding and give them the rest for a down payment on a house.

But that’s just me. I wouldn’t pay over $20.00 for a purse either, lol. 🙂