1. Karen Pokras Toz
    November 30, 2011 @ 6:57 pm

I love it (& congratulations!!!) That happened to me – I have a manuscript that is sitting on my hard drive that has been titled “invisible” since day 1… well it turns out there are a bunch of “invisible’s” already out there!! Oh well – I probably won’t do anything with it anytime soon, so I have time to figure it out! Definitely adding it to my Kindle wish list 🙂

2. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    November 30, 2011 @ 8:41 pm

Thanks, Karen! I can hardly wait to get a copy of the paperback so I can see if it looks as good as I think it will.

One thing you could try for your title is to look in the thesaurus to see if there’s a single word that means the same thing that you like just as well. If you want to add something to ‘invisible,’ don’t go for “The Invisible.” I have a pretty interesting movie by that name. 🙂

The joys of writing, huh?

December 1, 2011 @ 4:34 am

I love it as well. The same thing happened to me. My MS sitting on my hard drive, I actually did a wide search before putting the name to it and all was good to go. In August one of my twitter friends released a book with that title! I haven’t been able to get past that to think of it by any other name. So for now I am stuck and I don’t even think about the title while I let books one and two sit and I finish three.

4. Kristy K. James
    December 1, 2011 @ 12:19 pm

Thanks, Debra. 🙂

It’s hard, isn’t it? To me it would be almost like having to change a baby’s name six months after you bring it home from the hospital. Yeah, I know. A little dramatic, but you invest so much of yourself into writing a book that it’s kind of like your baby.

I’m not even going to check on the titles for the next three in the series, lol. Just get them finished first and then see if there’s a need for anymore brainstorming. No sense in choosing something new now when I might have to do it again in a year. 🙂

Good luck with number three…and coming up with titles you like! 🙂

5. Prudence MacLeod
    December 1, 2011 @ 3:52 pm

Very cool title. That happens to us all sooner or later. I admire the way you bounced back so quickly.

6. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    December 1, 2011 @ 4:32 pm

Thanks, Prudence. Hopefully it won’t happen with anymore titles for awhile. I have four, if things go according to plan, that will be released over the next year and a half or so. And they all have titles that I hope I can keep.

Bouncing is a good way to describe the other morning. Thoughts and ideas were bouncing all around my brain. Fortunately panicking paid off. 🙂

7. Karen McFarland
    December 1, 2011 @ 7:43 pm

Oh how I love the cover Kristy and I like the title too! But what a panic, eh?

Good recovery! Best wishes to you! 🙂

December 1, 2011 @ 10:19 pm

Thanks, Karen. And yes, even though it was a self-imposed deadline, I wanted to make it, I panicked. Sometimes that’s what it takes, though, to get your brain thinking in high gear. 🙂

8. Lynn Kelley
    December 1, 2011 @ 10:44 pm

I like the new title. Good thing you checked Amazon! And the cover is adorable, really! Way to go, Kristy! And the video is too cute, too.

December 1, 2011 @ 11:12 pm

Thank you, Lynn. Yes, I’m very glad I checked first. I can’t imagine what I’d have done. Had to pay for a new cover, I suppose. Whew! And I love that video, too. If I need to cheer up, I’ll often watch laughing baby videos on YouTube. And you get four for one with this one. 🙂

9. Myndi Shafer...one stray sock away from insanity.
    December 1, 2011 @ 10:55 pm

What a bummer to have to change the title at the last minute, but I have to say, I LOVE the title you went with! It’s very catchy! So excited for you…

10. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    December 1, 2011 @ 11:15 pm

Thanks, Myndi! It took about week before I decided I liked it. And now I like it better than the original. But I still refer to it as For Baby’s Sake more often than not. Hard habit to break. 🙂

11. Shelly Immel
    December 5, 2011 @ 11:54 am

I like The Daddy Pact. More interesting than For Baby’s Sake. 🙂

Congrats on getting this one out the door, and getting sales in your very first hour. Go, Kristy, go!

12. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    December 5, 2011 @ 12:55 pm

Thanks, Shelly! I think so, too…the more I get used to the new title anyway. It’s still hard to remember to call it by the new name though. 🙂