1. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    December 10, 2011 @ 10:19 pm

Thanks, Debra. 🙂

I don’t envy you having to deal with a biting problem. It was hard enough trying to explain the whole spitting thing to strangers, lol.

Love the movie/video score serenades. I don’t get to hear that, but I swear CJ can remember dialog from so many things he’s seen that it drives me nuts. He’s forever coming out to my office and rattling off a line (or twenty), then asking me to guess which movie it’s from. The only problem is, I don’t watch nearly as many as he does so he’s often quite disgusted with me.

And yes, they do have good hearts. The compliment means a lot, Debra, coming from the mom who spent a day at school a week or two ago helping kids learn about Thanksgiving. You’re a good mom, too. 🙂

December 10, 2011 @ 8:00 pm

Beautiful Kristy. Written from the heart. ❤ I understand what you are saying when you say you would cure him in a heartbeat but that he is much nicer than some of the normal kids you know. I see that, too, with my son. Mine didn’t spit so much but had a biting problem, and he loves to sing. But it’s not what you hear most kids sing. He sings movie scores and scores to the video games he plays. And he sings them over and over and over. But they have hearts pure as gold, don’t they? My ❤goes out to you Kristy. You’re such a good mom!

3. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    December 9, 2011 @ 11:51 am

Hi, Marcy…yeah, I kind of like him a little bit. I’d like him more if he were a little more social. LOL..not really. He’s just already complaining that we have TWO Christmas parties to attend and, “No one should ever have to go to more than one.” Scrooge. 🙂

4. Marcy Kennedy
    December 8, 2011 @ 6:23 pm

It sounds like you’re raising a wonderful son (and the chicken sounds delicious too). Thanks for letting us take a peek into your life.

5. Shelly Immel
    December 8, 2011 @ 12:41 pm

We all feel our way to things that work for us, from spitting to singing in the dark to chicken stew and dumplings w/ leg quarters. After living in this world for 43 years, it still feels odd to me that some things that work GREAT for me emphatically do not work for the people around me. I empathize w/ CJ’s singing, your stew, and–of course–with the trash proliferation issues. Even when I was composting, our recycling and trash bags held more than we ever brought into the house. One of life’s mysteries. 😉

December 9, 2011 @ 11:49 am

Hi, Shelly…
      Yeah, one of life’s mysteries that I’d like to figure out. I’ll be dropping a couple of 30 gallon bags off at the recyclers tomorrow because the ‘dumpster’ I rent (holds 4-30 gallon bags) is already full….and has been for a couple of days. Pretty sure we haven’t carried IN the equivalent of ONE bag in the past week so I honestly don’t have a clue where it’s coming from. Hmm… 🙂

6. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    December 7, 2011 @ 5:04 pm

He is sweet SOME of the time, Karen. And sometimes he’s….not. Glad we’re not the only one the trash fairies visit. If something had to multiply in this house, I’d much rather it be money. 🙂

I hope you like the stew. I was completely stunned with how it turned out because I’m not kidding….I used to dread making it. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the best and 10 being the worst, I rated chicken stew a 50. But switching to the leg quarters and browning it…wow. Seriously, I could have it a couple of times a week now and not get tired of it. The only thing stopping me is the fact that my kids would likely start making calls to have me locked up somewhere. 🙂

7. Karen Pokras Toz
    December 7, 2011 @ 8:53 am

CJ sounds so sweet – thanks for sharing & let him know that we also seem to have trash that multiplies!

I’m definitely making the stew! It might even go over with my picky 5 yr old. 🙂

8. asraidevin
    December 7, 2011 @ 1:22 am

Love it Kristy. This is close to my heart as I used to work an educational assistant and I have a niece with Down Syndrome who loves my son and puppy so much she just explodes with joy when she sees either of them.

The spitting story is priceless. I can’t recall the number of times the little guy I worked with would make me laugh when I was trying to reprimand him.

I learned so much in the two years, I imagine you have learned enough for several lifetimes.

December 7, 2011 @ 1:53 am

I’m so glad to hear that, Asrai. So many people avoid special needs kids, and they don’t need to. With few exceptions, they need to interact with people who care about them, not people who shun them. And aww about your niece! I loved the kids in CJ’s class with Down Syndrome. I think because they love everybody back, no questions asked.

LOL…yeah, the spitting story IS priceless. NOW. When he was three, though….not so much. Except for that instance in the car, and I always laugh every time I remember it.

And yes, I have learned a great deal. Patience and tolerance being at the top of the list. 🙂

9. breeanaputtroff
    December 7, 2011 @ 1:17 am

Aw, CJ sounds like a great guy. 🙂 And… yum, I know what we’re having for dinner one night this week. 🙂

December 7, 2011 @ 1:48 am

He is, thank you very much. At least most of the time. Some of the time he’s a typical kid (in other words, a brat!). I hope you like the stew. We’re having on Friday…poor kids, lol, they think I make it too often (3-4 times a month…in the WINTER). But they could eat McD’s or tacos several times a week, week after week, and there’s nothing wrong with that. 🙂