1. asraidevin
    January 4, 2012 @ 1:41 am

Wahoo. Welcome to Row. I loved the last round, gave me a good kick in the pants.

Your goals are perfect, the first round is always a good time to set yourself up for success, because you can get so excited when you surpass your goal.

January 4, 2012 @ 1:47 am

Thanks, Asrai! I’m glad I joined. It would have been better if I’d remembered on Monday rather than Tuesday, but I intend to catch up before I go to bed (I hope!). Of course I might not have specified M-F so I could still be on track. 🙂

I’m hoping for that same kick in the pants. It’s time I got back on track again. I get too distracted by life sometimes and I need to focus more. Hopefully the public announcement will, at the very least, humiliate me into being good.

The setting myself up for success is exactly why I set my sites so low. I’d rather do that and surpass those numbers than set it too high and be disappointed. 🙂

2. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    January 2, 2012 @ 11:17 pm

Thanks, Louise! Oh, I know what you mean! I think I’ve tried to blackmail myself a couple of times over the past few months. Post a public goal and then I’ll have no choice…meet the goal or embarrass myself. So far that’s only worked on ONE goal. But I have two books I really want to finish before spring is over and I’m hoping this is just the thing I need to help me get them done.

I hope you can do everything you want to…but it would be fun to have you join this for the next quarter anyway. 🙂

January 2, 2012 @ 9:27 pm

Good luck Kristy. The last time I posted public goals I promptly refused to work on any of them. So I’m not going to give ROW80 a shot this go round but if I can’t keep my stuff organized andm oving forward then I will join you for the next quarter.

4. Juliana Haygert
    January 2, 2012 @ 8:03 pm

Hello there! Welcome to ROW80!
    500 words per day is a very nice goal. But I do hope you remember about it tomorrow lol
    Good luck!

January 2, 2012 @ 11:14 pm

Thanks, Juliana! I’m glad to be involved with ROW80. 🙂

I think I probably will remember tomorrow…hopefully after a good night’s sleep. But first I have to finish reading a book (beta reader for another author) before I can even begin trying to meet my goals.

And thanks about the 500 word thing. It’s really low but I’m just getting back into it again after a little over three years of issues I had no control over. Just have to get back into the writing mindset again. 🙂

5. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    January 2, 2012 @ 7:24 pm

Thanks, Tanya! It’s nice to meet you…and much good luck to you, too. What have we gotten ourselves into?! 🙂

6. Tanya Reed
    January 2, 2012 @ 6:08 pm

Good luck! This is my first ROW80, so I understand your nervousness…but we *can* do this.

7. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    January 2, 2012 @ 5:16 pm

Hi, Edjane. Nice to meet you! That’s kind of what I was thinking with setting the goal as low as I did. Five hundred words is easy (usually). And if I can hit that consistently, I’ll have no problem surpassing it. It’s just getting BACK into the habit of writing. Unfortunately it will be later in the week before I can get started, thanks to too many commitments. However…I’m still aiming for the minimum 2500 words by Sunday. 🙂

Definitely best of luck to you. Bear with me while I learn my way around the whole ROW80 thing. 🙂

8. Edjane Brazil
    January 2, 2012 @ 3:21 pm

Well, starting with the easier goals just leave you with space to move up and make them more challenging later (or not). I decided to go with 500 words per day 5 days per week, too. If you consistently check in, I think the other ROW80 members will have no problems helping you remember your goals.
    Best of luck to both of us.

9. Diane Capri (@DianeCapri)
    January 2, 2012 @ 2:09 pm

Good luck, Kristy. I’m rebellious by nature, so when I set a goal like that, I immediately find two or three thousand essential chores I absolutely must do instead….

January 2, 2012 @ 5:10 pm

I can totally relate to that, Diane. Never has ridding the house of cobwebs, organizing cupboards, or scrubbing the bathtub seemed so important as when I set a writing goal. 🙂

10. Natalie Hartford
    January 2, 2012 @ 2:05 pm

Yeahhhh…you can do it Kristy!! I am super excited for you and I have no doubt you will meet your goals and will learn a TON!! Here’s to a great next 80 days!!!

January 2, 2012 @ 5:09 pm

Thanks, Natalie! Let’s hope you’re right. At the moment, well, since I posted my sad little goal three hours ago, I’ve been sweating it, lol. Of course this is coming from a seriously deprived brain so tomorrow should be better. 🙂