January 6, 2012 @ 1:16 am

who knew fishing bloopers could be so funny? reminded me a time, many years ago when the outboard motor on my dad’s little fishing boat flew off and into the lake. Ouch. they toured that lake for hours, holding an aquarium to look thru, to try to see the motor on the bottom of this shallow but dirty lake.

Ironically after 3 days of looking they found the darned thing. Pulled it out of the lake, drained the water off it and attached it to the boat. A new sparkplug and one pull on the cord and it started. Ran like a top for several years.

wish I had that on film.

2. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    January 6, 2012 @ 2:11 am

I know! I was giggling through most of it. That guy is so funny when things don’t go right. I’d have loved to have seen a video of what happened with your dad’s motor. And them searching for it. But how cool is it that it STILL worked! You’d have thought a drowned motor would have been shot.

The only amusing thing I can think of involving a fishing boat is that on those vacations I mentioned, my grandpa would let the smaller kids ski behind his. Looked kind of silly but the kids loved it! 🙂

3. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    January 6, 2012 @ 2:14 am

Just watching it again and cringing at the thought of falling into the water where they got stuck on the log. Ewww!

4. Karen Pokras Toz
    January 6, 2012 @ 8:04 am

I wouldn’t even know where to begin to clean and scale a fish! I do like fish, but when I was pregnant with my youngest, I made salmon one night (which up to then was my favorite!) The smell made me SO sick & of course it lingered in my house for days. It took me a long while to be able to eat it again (& even now, it’s not as much as before) Funny how that stuff stays with you!

(BTW – I’m a big tuna casserole fan, but kids hate it! – maybe we should switch kids haha)

January 6, 2012 @ 12:58 pm

I might know how to do it, but if I can possibly help it, I’ll NEVER do it again, lol.

Hmm about the salmon. That’s never been a fish I like either. But it’s funny, fish was one of the things I craved when I was pregnant. Not any that was actually good for me. No, more along the lines of batter dipped, deep fried Pollock.

But I know what you mean about it staying with you. I craved Mountain Dew during my first pregnancy. Haven’t been able to take so much as a sip since.

LOL about switching kids. My son would LOVE tuna casserole two or three times a week. Maybe more! 🙂

5. Natalie Hartford
    January 6, 2012 @ 10:40 am

Eeeeke…this is why hubby handles all fish-related stuff – cleaning, cooking etc!!! I love salmon and haddock (store bought) but hubby loves to catch trout (which are yummy) but I won’t touch the things. LOL!!

6. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    January 6, 2012 @ 1:20 pm

I’m with you, Natalie. Might have been cool when I was a young teenager, but now it falls under the ‘it’s a guy thing.’ All I want to do now is buy Pollock or Cape Capensis and COOK it. 🙂

7. Fabio Bueno
    January 7, 2012 @ 5:17 pm

Ugh, your post reminded me that when I was kid, I was a very picky eater. I survived on milk for breakfast, french fries and beef for the main meals, and bananas for snacks. Not a balanced diet.
    Loved the funny clips!

January 7, 2012 @ 6:45 pm

Well, you ate from 4 food groups…dairy, veggies, protein and fruit. Just not a wide variety. 🙂

When I was growing up unless something made you throw up (one of my brothers was good at this), you sat at the table until you cleaned your plate. But now all of us tend to be a little picky. I haven’t bought a can of butter beans since I moved out of my parents house…and I never will!

Those clips are something, aren’t they? I never know what I’m going to find when I start snooping around YouTube. That fishing guy is hilarious! 🙂