1. lynnkelleyauthor
    January 17, 2012 @ 10:15 pm

What an awesome tribute to your dad. We need more people like him in the world. I bet he did become an Elton John fan because he heard you playing his music.

2. STOP THE SOPA BILLS « simplycreating
    January 17, 2012 @ 10:22 pm

[…] my friends Ginger Calem, Kristy K. James and many others, I am concerned about the censorship issues with the pending SOPA bills and wish to […]

3. STOP SOPA « simplycreating
    January 17, 2012 @ 10:45 pm

[…] my friends Ginger Calem, Kristy K. James and others, I am concerned about the SOPA and PIPA bills being introduced into congress for […]

January 17, 2012 @ 11:27 pm

What a moving tribute. You are so lucky to have had a dad like yours. Not everyone can say the same.

5. Coleen Patrick
    January 19, 2012 @ 12:05 pm

Lovely tribute!!!

January 19, 2012 @ 7:25 pm

Thanks, Coleen. He deserved this and so much more. He wasn’t a perfect man by a long shot but, as a father, he was pretty darned close. 🙂

• Shelly Immel
        January 19, 2012 @ 10:09 pm

The point of course is not that they were perfect, but that they were ours. And we were theirs. And nothing can ever change that.

I hope your cold clears off soone and leaves you in good spirits and fine writing form, Kristy!

6. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    January 19, 2012 @ 11:08 pm

Thanks, Shelly. You’re right. Our father’s are ours…and that is the point. And thanks, too…the cold is pretty much gone. Just catching up on some sleep the past couple of days. I’m fairly sure the swamp sludge is helping with getting over it, especially since I’ve started using it twice a day.

• Shelly Immel
      January 19, 2012 @ 11:22 pm

Ah, sweet swamp sludge, serendipitous slurry of sloshy savoriness, saving this siren from suffering by snuffing out the cells of her sickness.

hee hee.

You, by the way, are the siren. “Cells” is a bit of a stretch for bacteria and viruses, but oh well. Now, before I get even loopier, I’m off to bed. Sweet dreams!

7. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    January 19, 2012 @ 11:33 pm

LOL! Uh- Sweet would be SO not the right word to describe this stuff. I got the brand I ordered from Amazon about a week ago. It makes Barlean’s seem like a hot fudge milkshake. Still not as bad as some health food things I’ve tried, but it’s pretty close to that line. Not to mention with this you get the whole mulched grass clippings experience, too. 🙂

Sweet dreams, Shelly. With the thought you put into that tongue twister, you may dream of swimming in swamp sludge though. Definitely not sweet dreams. Just chant, as you’re falling asleep, hot fudge shakes, brownies, Boston cream pie… 🙂