January 20, 2012 @ 2:18 am

That’s really cool! The later part, I mean. Skyline totally sucked. Thank goodness you didn’t buy that movie. Gag. My son keeps trying to talk me into post about minecraft. Something tells me my readers aren’t going to be that interested in the computer game. He gets so excited talking about it though.

2. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    January 20, 2012 @ 2:59 am

LOL…it sure did! The trailer made it look like it would be as good as War of the Worlds (the remake), and I enjoyed that one. But this…I was very disappointed.

And meeting Bucky was very cool. All I did was snap pictures but I have to say, as a mom, it was one of the highlights of my life to watch her get to do that.

As far as the video game goes… Kristen Lamb wrote a really cute blog about a video game she’s really into. I think she said her brother introduced her to it. So you never know. You could spend a couple of hours playing it with your son, get in some one-on-one bonding time and write more about that, and how he whoops your butt, adding a little about the game here and there. It might be fun and he’d get a heck of a kick out of Mom writing about him and his game. 🙂

January 20, 2012 @ 9:06 am

It’s so nice to see our children’s dreams come true. I played Ultima a loooong time ago with my teenage son. it was a great time. and a simple way for he and i to bond.

January 26, 2012 @ 6:58 pm

It is, isn’t it? My daughter and I usually bond over movies and music. And we are usually like a lot of the same things…although her taste in music is changing and I don’t like a lot of it now. 🙂

4. Dede
    February 7, 2012 @ 5:29 pm

Skyline is not something I would ever have even gone to see if Eric hadn’t been it. I agree about the script, but I guess that’s what you get when special effects guys write a movie script. I do have the DVD…signed by Eric, which is ……swoonworthy even if the movie wasn’t. lol

February 7, 2012 @ 7:11 pm

Hi, Dede…nice to meet you! I hadn’t realized that special effects guys wrote the script. I wish they’d gotten some help from real writers because the idea had great potential. Maybe not Oscar-worthy, but much better than it actually was. Would I have watched it if I’d known it wasn’t going to be a good movie? Probably…just to see Mr. Balfour for a couple of hours.

How exciting that you have a signed copy of the DVD! Did you get it in person? That would have been SO cool to meet him! And I just might have swooned. 🙂

• Dede
        February 8, 2012 @ 7:51 pm

No…..I won a contest on Twitter…but I’m hoping to make the trip to Nova Scotia this summer to meet him while he’s shooting Haven. I’m not sure I’ll be able to breathe or walk after…but I’m gonna give it the old college try. 🙂

And it’s nice to meet you too. : )