1. Fabio Bueno
    February 1, 2012 @ 2:02 pm

I’m kind of old school, so the romantic movies that I like are “Casablanca” (I know, not strictly a romance), the “Pride and Prejudice” miniseries, and the best of all,”Brief Encounter” (1945).
    Most recently, I liked “The Notebook,” “The Bridges of Madison County,” and “The Remains of The Day” (again, not a romance, per se).
    I guess I’m not old school, just old.

February 1, 2012 @ 9:55 pm

I enjoyed The Notebook, too. So much that I bought it. Haven’t seen the others. But I also like older romance movies. Most Doris Day/Rock Hudson (more romantic comedies), Cary Grant, My Fair Lady…can’t think of any more off the top of my head.

There’s one I caught a long time ago that probably no one has ever heard of…The Two Worlds of Jenny Logan…that I just loved at the time. I’d be tempted to buy that, too, except I find that things I loved in my teens are kind of silly to watch as an adult. 🙂

2. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    January 27, 2012 @ 10:57 pm

Oh I love Just Like Heaven, How to Lose a Guy…, and Sweet Home Alabama, too! Haven’t seen the other ones but Josh Lucas and Mark Ruffalo are great in those movies. So was Patrick Dempsey.

I had to include A Walk to Remember because, as a ‘hero,’ Landon was absolutely perfect. But I do hate the ending, every time I watch it.

LOL…you’re welcome to post long comments if you want. I enjoy getting them. 🙂

3. Stacey Joy Netzel
    January 27, 2012 @ 3:18 pm

Should’ve mentioned…I liked A Walk to Remember, but refuse to watch again because of the end. The Proposal is in my personal DVD library, and I saw The Lake House once…I should probably rewatch that.

Ooh–and another great one–Just Like Heaven with Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo. So good!

Okay, I’m done. I think I’ll have to post my own blog on this instead of take up all your comment room. 🙂

4. Stacey Joy Netzel
    January 27, 2012 @ 3:15 pm

The ending to The Cutting Edge is the best. My all time favorite romance movie. I’ve got a ton others. Ever After, Sweet Home Alabama, Bed of Roses, One Fine Day, How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days, and the list goes on and on. But if you haven’t seen The Cutting Edge, I say watch it!

5. Natalie Hartford
    January 27, 2012 @ 1:02 pm

Ohhh…you nailed it. Those are three of my FAVs as well. Last night I watched another one of my favs, Never Been Kissed and I love Pride and Prejudic (new version), Notebook, and Ever After! All goodies!!

January 27, 2012 @ 10:53 pm

Out of those three, I’ve seen The Notebook, which I also loved. Just not as much as these three. But if I made another list of my top three favorites in six months, it would probably be an entirely new list. I don’t watch a whole lot of television, or movies, but when I have a favorite, it’s a favorite forever. Unless my daughter becomes smitten with one. She must have watched Dirty Dancing ten million times. I cringe when I hear the music now. 🙂

January 27, 2012 @ 12:46 pm

Why did you have to go and make me cry so early in the morning? I love The Lake House. But I can’t control my emotions when it comes to things like that anymore. Omg, and that scene with Betty White – I’m so glad that made it in your top three. I love that scene. It is beyond awesome. Not to mention – HELLO – Ryan Reynolds! But you are right Hugh Jackson was perfect as Leopold in that movie. He is always perfect. Sigh.

January 27, 2012 @ 10:50 pm

I probably have you beat. When I saw pictures of a dog named Patrick…who had been starved until he was literally skin over bone, and then thrown several stories down a garbage chute, I cried like a baby. If it’s sad or touching at all, I need a tissue (happened the other night while watching The Blind Side, too…and it’s FOOTBALL. I don’t like football…).

Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds…they’re on my Christmas list, if Santa would READ it, I’d have a very merry Christmas this year. I’ve loved everything I’ve seen Ryan in, except The Change Up. My daughter and I walked out on that after about 20 minutes. Suggesting a little girl do a pole dance, even in a movie, is completely tasteless. I was very disappointed in him for that one, lol.

7. Lena Corazon
    January 27, 2012 @ 1:35 am

Oh good grief, I haven’t seen any of these movies… I have no idea where I’ve been. Clearly I have lots of catching up to do. 😉

My list would definitely include Kate and Leopold (Leopold was the partial basis for one of the characters in my WIP), as you can never, ever go wrong with Hugh Jackman. A Good Year is another one, because Russell Crowe plays a delightful jerk of a man, yet manages to turn himself around by the end (and the landscapes of the French countryside are to die for). My 3rd would be the 2004 BBC miniseries, North and South, because the last 5 minutes or so are utterly exquisite and wonderful and beautiful.

January 27, 2012 @ 1:46 am

I don’t know if you like Sandra Bullock much or not but I just love most of her movies (and own at least six of them). The Proposal was so funny that, by the time it was over, my throat and ribs hurt from laughing so much.

Kate and Leopold is a favorite, too…and you’re spot on about Hugh Jackman. I plan to rent some robot fighting movie he’s in just because I like him.

I haven’t heard of the other two you mention, though I thought you meant The North and the South, a mini-series maybe from the 80’s or 90’s (?). It starred Patrick Swayze.

8. breeanaputtroff
    January 27, 2012 @ 1:24 am

Well, crap. Now I’m going to have to watch A Walk to Remember again. Or re-read it. Because the book is even better. 🙂

January 27, 2012 @ 1:40 am

LOL! I couldn’t get to the movie tonight so I’ll be watching it tomorrow. And probably starting the book. I haven’t read the whole thing yet (and then forgot we had it). But I just love that movie!