1. asraidevin
    April 4, 2012 @ 12:48 am

Very nice, it made me smile.

It really sucks when no one is at fault, a true accident. There is no one to blame, there is no one to rage at, there is no explanation.

April 4, 2012 @ 3:57 am

Thanks, Asrai. 🙂

You’re right about the accident part. But I think it’s the same when someone dies of an illness, too. Who do you blame?

• asraidevin
        April 6, 2012 @ 2:54 am

Very much so.

It makes me realize how much comfort people get from religious belief (or why they might leave religion when faced with a tragedy).

April 6, 2012 @ 3:10 am

Well, the comment box is above your last comment, Asrai, so I don’t know where it will wind up in here. But you are right about the comfort, or being so angry at God that they just walk away. It’s hard to know how anyone will react in trying circumstances.

2. Katrina
    April 4, 2012 @ 8:39 am

Okay, I see it coming, Evie and Jess, and I like it

3. Marcy Kennedy
    April 4, 2012 @ 8:49 am

I wanted to keep reading. This was so full of emotion.

April 4, 2012 @ 1:16 pm

another excellent addition to this story. so often this is the case – there’s no one to rage at. well done.

April 4, 2012 @ 1:59 pm

It’s a horrible thing to have that tornado of emotion and no direction for which to send it. But to throw it at someone, right or wrong, at the very end of everything doesn’t do anyone any good. The only good comes from finding peace within yourself. And that is the hardest task of all – having been there far more times than I care to count.

Wonderful piece, Kristy. Your heart shows in your work.

April 4, 2012 @ 8:01 pm

Thank you, Debra. I know what you mean about finding that peace. I struggled with a lot of anger after my dad and daughter died. Sometimes it wants to come back, but I manage to hold onto that peace because it’s just too hard to be mad all the time. 🙂