April 13, 2012 @ 10:58 pm

It is so hard to go the whole nine yards for a photo. yikes, i get that. and after mine were done, I hated them. had booked another appointment in fact, when a couple of friends saw them and complimented me on them. they’re the kind of friends I believe so i decided to go with this one for awhile, but it was so close.

hear you about everything Kristy. I get it.

April 14, 2012 @ 12:42 am

I think your picture is great, Louise! I’m glad you listened to your friends. And thanks. 🙂

• Louise Behiel
        April 14, 2012 @ 10:18 am

Can’t wait to see your new one, Kristy. when’s the big unveil?

April 14, 2012 @ 1:40 pm

I have no idea, Louise. Early this week, I think. And depending on how it turns out, it may be longer. If I think it’s really bad, I’ll just have her Photoshop it so I look like Sandra Bullock’s sister. 🙂

2. Emma
    April 13, 2012 @ 2:50 pm

I like the idea of having a professional photo but I hate posing so I’d be in the same boat as you on the day.

3. August McLaughlin
    April 13, 2012 @ 2:37 pm

If it makes you feel any better, even professionals hate posing for pictures. I’ve always preferred candid shots. They give a more genuine glimpse of our personalities and spirits. That said, I’m sure you don’t look like Frankenstein! LOL Great post, lady.

April 13, 2012 @ 12:02 pm

OMG Kristy! You had me cracking up. I don’t think I’d try to do anything the same day. I’ve also heard you have to cake it on. I guess that would be from living down here in LA and knowing people in the biz. I can’t wait to see your new head shots!

April 13, 2012 @ 9:30 pm

LOL…I vaguely remember that from drama class but didn’t think I’d wind up looking like I could step out on a Broadway stage for a normal photograph. When I got home and finally found my face again I decided I just like me better without makeup.

I’m a little nervous about getting the proofs. Looking okay in a two inch screen is a whole lot different than a 5 x 7 or worse. :/

• Debra Kristi
        April 17, 2012 @ 12:31 am

• Debra Kristi
        April 17, 2012 @ 12:35 am

It was built in 1910 to deal with tuberculosis. I may have been off in my thinking. They may not have gotten any of the Spanish influenza. I can’t say. Sorry. Still, an interesting subject if you like that sort of thing.

On the other topic, I know your pictures will look GREAT!

April 17, 2012 @ 12:50 am

Oh wow…I really wish I’d have watched this tomorrow…right after I woke up. LOL…I’m such a gutless wonder! But it sounds really interesting. I’ll have to check into it. Maybe not the ghostly after effects, but what it was used for and why. I really enjoy historical stuff like this.

Let’s hope you’re right on the pictures. I thought I’d get the link for the proofs today…since I said I needed it by tomorrow (the picture, not the proof). 🙁

5. asraidevin
    April 13, 2012 @ 12:50 am

LOL. i’ve read that you are supposed to where way more make-up for a photo shoot then you normally would. I can’t imagine what that would look like because I never wear make-up either

I bet the results are better than you imagined. You’ll change your second career choice to model. 🙂

April 13, 2012 @ 12:55 am

LOL…yeah, a model for coffins. I sure hope the pictures come out better than the face in the mirror did. I’m still a little mortified over it. Should have postponed getting my glasses adjusted. 🙂