April 25, 2012 @ 1:05 am

My little fur baby brought a mouse into the house – but she’s a canine!!! I HATE MICE. when I was house shopping, I was taking a second look at a beautiful house. I loved that place – it would have been perfect for me. Until I saw a mouse run under the deck. I went inside and got the realtor and my daughter and said “Let’s go”. and even though I was in a hurry, i didn’t buy that house. this one was mouse free for a year. then they found me. and voles.
    Ugly suckers…all of them.

i’m not afraid of them – they are just disgusting dirty rodents who can go anywhere, eat anything and generally make my life a misery.

April 25, 2012 @ 1:21 pm

That’s too funny, Louise. I’m not sure what I’d have done if I’d seen any mouse droppings in this house. This was a ‘hurry up’ move, too (half a block was sold for a new business, and the apartment house happened to be smack in the middle of where the parking lot would be). I’m sorry the little rodents found you after you found a mouse-free house though. You are totally correct…they are dirty, disgusting things. I hated having to wash any dishes I wanted to use for fear something had been walking on them. Ew!

2. Lisa Hall-Wilson
    April 25, 2012 @ 8:00 am

Growing up, I had a cat – but it was born a barn cat and was a super mouser. But, as a young mom we had one apartment that was infested with mice. I had to clean every pot I took from cupboard before I could use it. Drove me insane. But, then we got a dog. No mice. Ever. Don’t think the dog’s ever had to catch one, but they just seem to choose other places to live.

April 25, 2012 @ 1:23 pm

That’s really interesting, Lisa. I’ve heard of a dog catching mice on occasion but maybe our two are part of the reason I’ve had four worry-free years in this house. But in town…I know exactly what you mean about having to wash things before you could use them. Yuck!

April 25, 2012 @ 12:13 pm

My cat used to catch mice and drag them back to the house as gifts. She would bring them back home alive to play with. Brought home this little hopping one once. Crazy little thing. My mom’s cat is alway kiling all kinds of things and leaving dead presents on the carpet for her – birds, bunnies, gophers, etc.

April 25, 2012 @ 1:25 pm

Debra, I can only say one thing…I’m SO glad I don’t live in your mom’s house. I would rather have zero presents for the rest of my life than to get the ones her cat leaves for her. I just shivered thinking about it, lol. Do you ever wonder why cats think playing with mice is fun? They should just bite their heads off…then leave them laying on the rude neighbor’s porch. 🙂

• Debra Kristi
        April 25, 2012 @ 1:32 pm

They leave them for you because they love you! You should pop over to my blog. Lots of comments waiting for you. 🙂

4. JakiCheli
    April 25, 2012 @ 2:34 pm

But Kristy they have such cute little faces! but I don’t enjoy the little gifts they leave so we leave food for them as thanks and they disappear. And I’m not even sorry for them! I will be checking out the blog tour sites a little later. 🙂

April 25, 2012 @ 10:56 pm

I totally disagree, lol. I hate mice. Unless they’re ceramic or cartoons. I got a call while I was looking for the videos for this post last night and got a telephone call. I nearly jumped out of my skin when it rang…and I was only watching them on videos. Yuck. I hate, hate, HATE them. 🙂

Have fun with the blogs. It’s very cool. 🙂