May 7, 2012 @ 11:42 am

Loved the movie! Didn’t get to see it a second time – yet. We did not have the trailer for Cellular in front of our showing and the video wouldn’t play for me. 🙁

May 7, 2012 @ 11:03 pm

Oh…Cellular is from 2004. I caught it maybe 5 years ago and have loved it ever since. Chris Evans is SO cool in that movie. Which is why he’s a favorite in The Avengers. I just love him to pieces. 🙂

When you do get to the theater for the second time, you’ll love the movie just as much. I do have to say, though, it was more fun going to the evening showing. The crowd at the afternoon matinee didn’t catch nearly as many of the funny parts as the night crowd did. If my daughter and I go again this week (and it’s a distinct possibility, lol), it will be after dark. 🙂

• Debra Kristi
        May 7, 2012 @ 11:28 pm

See, my bad eyes are making me miss too much. I can’t read anything on the computer properly right now. Probably should get in right away. Sigh.

May 8, 2012 @ 12:57 am

Get back to see the movie again…or to your eye doctor? Remember, I’m one of the people who thought you had a REAL pet monkey. 🙂

May 7, 2012 @ 12:13 pm

as everyone knows, I dont watch movies, or even much TV anymore. But this sounds like a good one, from everyone’s chatter. once the grandchildren get older, maybe we can do movie nights. yeah sure, they will love going out with granny.

May 7, 2012 @ 11:04 pm

I’ll bet they will love movie night with Granny, Louise! I loved doing just about anything with my grandparents, even cleaning fish with Grandpa. Well, maybe I didn’t exactly LOVE it, lol, but I didn’t mind.

3. stormij
    May 7, 2012 @ 2:57 pm

I actually think they should have held off on this movie until later on during the summer blockbuster season because now, nothing will hold a candle to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As it was the BEST movie ever!!!!! My favorite scenes always had The Hulk in them, the beatdown he gives Loki!!!! Hilarious!! I so want to go see it again and I probably will. I know it has to be a great movie if I am willing to pay that much money to see it again!! 🙂

I have loved Robert Downey Jr. since I seen The Pick-Up Artist when I was a kid. 🙂 These days all I have to do is mention a movie to the teens I’m around and they are like..huh..lol. (anything later than the mid 90’s and they are clueless..hehe)

May 7, 2012 @ 11:09 pm

I think you’re right, Stormi…I can’t imagine anything being released for some time to come that could hold a candle to The Avengers! And you’re also right about the scene with Loki and the Hulk…oh wow, that was SO funny! One of the best scenes in the entire movie! Robert Downey Jr. provided a fair number of laughs though. ‘Performance anxiety’ and ‘Does Mother know you weareth her drapes,’ being two of the best.

My daughter and I may go see it a third time. I’ve only ever done that once…with Secondhand Lions, and only went the third time because a friend didn’t want to go alone. I rarely will watch one twice at the theater…but this one is worth it.

Fortunately my daughter likes movies older than me (think Doris Day, Singing in the Rain, some John Wayne movie that’s set in Ireland). I’m not around too many other ‘youngsters.’ 🙂

• stormij
        May 8, 2012 @ 5:20 am

Kristy, well I am a lover of older movies myself! So me and your daughter would get along..lol. Especially since she loves Singing in the Rain!! 🙂

4. Marcy Kennedy
    May 8, 2012 @ 11:03 am

I loved the Avengers too. I won’t get to see it a second time in theaters, but we will be buying it when it comes out on DVD.

May 8, 2012 @ 10:42 pm

It’s at the top of my ‘to buy’ list, too. And I might have to get two copies because one will join the ranks of the, ‘touch this and you will live to regret’ collection in my office. 🙂