1. Reena Jacobs
    May 14, 2012 @ 7:48 am

I really enjoyed the season finale of Vampire Diaries, but I thought it was VERY Twilight-like, which made it lame. I’ve never read either series, but the VD (haha maybe that’s not such a great acronym), finale led me to read the wiki plot summary of the books. Though the TV series is only loosely based on the books, the finale fits.

On the writer side, I can’t believe LJ Smith was fired from writing VD and the Secret Circle. Talk about Yikes!

2. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    May 13, 2012 @ 8:54 pm

Yes! I’m not the only one who was disappointed. Just checking out my blog stats, a couple of hits are from people using the search terms, ‘tvd season finale disappoints fans’ and ‘the season finale of the vampire diaries was too much like breaking da…’ (I assume it would have read ‘dawn’ but for the …). 🙂

3. Emma
    May 11, 2012 @ 7:58 am

I enjoyed the last episode but thought last week’s was better. I hate what happened to Klaus. Jeremy Morgan who plays him does so with a deadly charm and grace and I cannot see Tyler or the actor who plays Tyler being able to capture Morgan’s charisma. That for me was the worst part of the episode.
    I liked the direction they took Elena, the same thing happened to her in the books.
    One question though: Where was Elijah when Rebekka went off to kill Elena? I though he was a man of honour who would never harm Elena?

May 11, 2012 @ 12:34 pm

Yeah, I was pretty disgusted that Bonnie would be involved in something like that. I know why she did it, but her choice…

My biggest complaint about the whole Elena thing was the final shot…it was such a rip off of Breaking Dawn that it wasn’t funny.

And yes…where was Elijah. That, in my opinion, was one of the few highlights of the night. I think that guy is very sexy!

May 11, 2012 @ 4:36 am

I haven’t watched it yet, but now you have me curious if they made it match up with the books. I thought they were treading off on their own path because the books pretty much sucked. The author got some pretty whacked out ideas. If the show follows it could go very deep down the rabbit hole. Wrinkling my nose at that one. 😐

May 11, 2012 @ 12:31 pm

You may enjoy it. Emma did. I just didn’t like it much at all. To me it seemed like they were, I don’t know, desperate. When they killed Jenna off, everything in the show just kind of zeroed in on that. Last night it was like they were off in SO many directions. Maybe they just want to eliminate half the cast. Hard to say, but I plan to watch it again over the weekend and see if it was an off night for me. I doubt it, but it’s been a long week.

I have to say if the books sucked, and that’s where they’re taking the show, I won’t be watching a whole lot longer.

5. asraidevin
    May 11, 2012 @ 12:45 am

I’ve been hearing about a lot of shows, and seen a few myself, resorting to B-movie type tactics. It’s really disappointing and lazy.

May 11, 2012 @ 1:34 am

Yes it is. It’s like throw in all the disasters you can cram into an hour, kill off half the stars and call it good. It’s not. 🙁

• asraidevin
        May 11, 2012 @ 1:58 am

They ruined Raising Hope (my favourite show) by claiming Hope’s mom never died, because they needed a twist or a new conflict/character.

May 11, 2012 @ 12:24 pm

I loved the first season of that show…it was hilarious! But I kept forgetting to watch the second. Guess I’m not sorry now. Funny how Jimmy sat there and witnessed it, too, isn’t it?

6. stormij
    May 11, 2012 @ 12:28 am

I am so behind with this series, I started watching it on netflix and I am only a little bit into season two..lol. I am sorry to hear that it had a disappointing season finale. So far my shows have had pretty good season finales, I like Castle and it ended good. NCIS, I am on edge to see what happens with the finale for it and Once Upon a Time… I have watched Teen Wolf season one and liked it, and I just watched Haven of of netflix! 🙂 Hope you other shows don’t disappoint.

• JakiCheli
      May 11, 2012 @ 12:47 am

I liked the season finale of Castle too. Don’t watch the other ones you girls mentioned but liked some and didn’t like others. Will I watch next season? that depends on the first show when it comes on again. That is when I decide. In the meantime …… I’ll read read read and write write write!

May 11, 2012 @ 1:33 am

You be quiet about the writing. I’ve got to get busy with that again. Two to finish and a third to write before the end of the year…and that’s getting closer all the time. I may have to extend my deadline. And thank to you and a few other people, I’m going to have to start researching a possible sequel for Enza. 🙂

May 11, 2012 @ 1:32 am

I wound up having to buy seasons one and two because I started partway into the second season. And I may be the only person on the planet who didn’t like tonight’s episode (fans on Twitter loved it).

So far the other shows I watch have been great. I forgot to add White Collar to the list. But Teen Wolf…yeah! June 3rd, baby! LOL…my daughter and I are chomping at the bit for that to start up again. 🙂