May 13, 2012 @ 1:02 pm

good list, Kristy, with just the right touch of humor. From my mom, I learned to stand on my own two feet, to love someone who didn’t need to dominate me and to be present to my children. good lessons, all things considered.

May 13, 2012 @ 6:21 pm

Ha-ha! That video is great! You made a wonderful list. Although, I can’t say I’ve done much mushroom hunting. 😀 Clean underwear – definitely grateful for. And toilet paper really matters when you have a septic tank. We had one when I was in high school.

May 13, 2012 @ 8:59 pm

I love that song! Thought about singing along with it but figured I’d wind up in the emergency room when my lips wound up tangled in knots. 🙂

And yes, toilet paper DOES matter with septic tanks. Amazing how our definition of important changes when we have a septic tank, doesn’t it? Much as I hated to say goodbye to Northern, it was that or adopt a plumber. 🙂

• JakiCheli
        May 14, 2012 @ 1:37 am

Fun reading as usual. We didn’t have a septic tank most of the years I was growing up 🙂 Ours required a trip outdoors. Listened to the song 3 times and will be using it in a future blog. Thanks for finding it and sharing it.

May 14, 2012 @ 1:51 am

I guess I need to remember that septic tanks beat outhouses any day of the week. Although that first time I didn’t realize the tank needed to be pumped out it smelled like an indoor outhouse in here. That was quite an initiation to country living!

And I LOVE that song! The woman who wrote it is a genius! 🙂

3. asraidevin
    May 14, 2012 @ 1:27 am

Yes, many of the good times are with family and food.