May 20, 2012 @ 9:25 am

what a good idea. I have a ‘goals buddy’. we sit down and talk about and set goals for the year and then put in timelines and put them in our calendars to check up on each other. not weekly but depending on our deadline dates. this way would work as well.

May 20, 2012 @ 7:34 pm

I just found that knowing I was going to be announcing to the blogosphere whether I’d made my goals or not to be VERY motivating. I don’t like to fail…and the best way to avoid it is to not keep my goals a secret. 🙂

• Louise Behiel
        May 20, 2012 @ 8:26 pm

good point. my chapter has us post annual goals at our christmas party and then checks in every quarter. and i have a friend that we wrote goals together and follow up. it’s great. glad you found your way.

May 24, 2012 @ 3:35 am

That sounds like a good way to meet goals, too. There are no groups in my area that I’m aware of…and I’m not up for driving 2-3 hours to attend a meeting. 🙂

• Louise Behiel
            May 24, 2012 @ 8:27 am

no I wouldn’t either. but it’s good that it’s about 30 minutes away. and since I’m the founder, it looks good if I go 🙂

May 24, 2012 @ 11:43 am

LOL…you just made me laugh out loud, Louise! It’s logic like that that finally made it possible for me to quit smoking six or eight years ago (yes, my memory sucks sometimes). I’d started a stop smoking support group and, within two weeks, all the participants but me were smoking again. My thought was, I CAN’T fail because ‘I’ started the group. 🙂

2. JakiCheli
    May 24, 2012 @ 1:57 am

Good timing Kristy. I came home with new hourly goals to see if I can be consistant enough to do them long enough to make them a habit. By the 3rd of June I will post my goal met days. It includes my nutritional battle for normal health as well as house improvement and rewrite done or almost done. we’ll just wait and see 🙂

May 24, 2012 @ 3:37 am

Just don’t believe whoever said it only takes 3 weeks to form new habits. I’ve tried with some things and it takes a whole lot longer than that, lol. But I have confidence in you. You can do it. And if you need a nag, let me know. 🙂