…is like…dark. Yeah, I know, old joke. But it’s a good lead in for today’s post.
I am honored to receive yet another blogging award, this one from two of my favorite bloggers, Marcy Kennedy and Fabio Bueno. Marcy is an extremely talented writer, soon-to-be teacher to some lucky authors. Fabio is also an immensely talented author, who also is a hero to his parakeets, and who is is willing to step out of his comfort zone for things like trapeze lessons. Thanks so much to both of you for bestowing on me the Sunshine Award.
As with all awards, there are rules to be followed. Include the logo in my blog post. Link back to, and thank, the bloggers who nominated me. Answer 10 random questions about me, or share 7 random facts. And finally, nominate bloggers I admire…and who bring sunshine into my life.
Okay…so I’ll go with the 7 random facts (because 7 is 3 fewer than 10 things to come up with).
1. I would never take trapeze lessons. Yes, heights do factor into this, but a fear falling and breaking bones factors in more.
2. I am the proud owner of a septic tank that must have been cursed sometime before I bought it. Yes, a house came along with it…but the house is not cursed. Just the septic tank.
3. My favorite time of year is any month between October 1st and April 30th. Yes, I prefer windchills over heat indexes. I would rather deal with sweaters, candles and fuzzy socks than humidity, mosquitoes and flies.
4. I go through stacks and stacks of 3 x 5 index cards every year. I have notes written on them that I tape to the top part of my desk, my bathroom mirror (for the really important things I need to remember), and tacked on my cork board. I use them for grocery lists, too. If it doesn’t fit on the card, I’m not buying it. That leads to next random fact…
5. I hate shopping. Yes, I’m a disgrace to my gender. I think Amazon.com is an awesome way to do most of my Christmas shopping. If I could get all of my groceries there, too, I’d never have to set foot inside another store. Well, I do still like Hallmark and antique stores.
6. You would never want to go through the drive-thru at a bank with me. If each lane had one vehicle in it, I will always manage to pull into the one where the driver ahead of me is making payments on everything he or she owns. And all the while, people are streaming through the other lanes as I sit there and wait. And wait, and wait, and wait.
7. The state I would most like to visit is Maine. I don’t know why.
And now it’s time to share with you the names of a few bloggers who make me smile. Take a few moments to check them out. You’ll be glad you did!
First up is Colin Falconer. Not only does he cover some very interesting topics, he does so with a a great sense of humor. And he’s brought to my attention naked footraces… I’ve got to check into those! But only as a spectator…and only if the runners are men.
Next on the list is Shelli Johnson. I love Shelli’s blog. She shares a lot of good advice, pieces of her heart…and super good crock pot recipes.
Karen Toz is another favorite of mine. I love that she blogs about whatever she wants to blog about. From her kids, to writing tips, to what’s going on with her Nate Rocks books.
And I can’t forget Monique Liddle. This woman faces physical challenges that would make most of us throw ourselves to the ground in despair, yet she handles it with a wonderful attitude and a smile.
Thanks again, Marcy and Fabio!