July 2, 2012 @ 1:04 am

can’t wait Kristy. fast draft should be fun…I don’t have the energy to participate but i’ll trust you to keep me informed

July 2, 2012 @ 3:48 am

Definitely, Louise. When I first signed up for the workshop, I was dreading it. But over the past week or so, as I’ve been working out how to simplify this social media stuff, I’ve been getting really excited. As I told someone else, I’ve always tried to write as close to a finished draft as possible…from the get-go. But sometimes it would come in handy to know how to write a vomit draft…and then just fix it on the edits. I’m hoping to learn how to control that perfectionism thing over the course of the next few weeks. 🙂

2. Tameri Etherton
    July 2, 2012 @ 11:52 am

I’ll miss the what in the world posts! Have fun on the fast draft, though. I keep reading about it and while it’s not really for me, I am thrilled with all of you doing it.

July 3, 2012 @ 2:34 am

Thanks, Tameri. I was having fun with it, too. I may bring it back, but I have so many projects I need to work on this year that I have to cut back somewhere. AFTER I learn how to write fast drafts. It sounds like it’s going to be interesting. 🙂

3. Marcy Kennedy
    July 2, 2012 @ 12:01 pm

I’m trying my own version of fast drafting (probably a little slower than those of you taking the class since I’m not taking the class). Can’t wait to hear what the new theme is.

July 3, 2012 @ 2:39 am

When I got into writing at 14/15, we learned to write as close to a finished draft as possible, and that’s how I’ve written since then. I don’t have a clue how to do a fast draft. The closest I can come is a detailed outline. 🙂

Good luck with your fast drafting. Maybe we’ll all be a little more productive for the rest of the year. 🙂

4. asraidevin
    July 4, 2012 @ 3:18 am

Keep us/me up to date on fast draft. I wanted to take this round but it went into my vacation so it was a no-go as I doubt I’ll write much at all during that 2 weeks.

July 5, 2012 @ 6:16 pm

Fast draft will be a change for you. You will have a lot of editing to do afterwards. But you will get the bones in place. And that’s what it’s about. I am like you. I write close to a finished product. But have found I end up doing a ton of editing anyway. Good luck!

July 5, 2012 @ 7:27 pm

Thanks, Debra! Good luck to you, too!

This is a change I’m looking forward to. Sometimes when I hit a rough patch, I just write around it and come back to it later. Other times I set it aside and work on something else. So I like the whole concept of fast drafting. I can’t wait to get the first draft of the sequel done, and some editing the last two weeks of the workshop. Then I think I’m setting that aside and devoting a month each to my other two WIPs. By the end of summer, hopefully all I have to do is polish all three.