September 3, 2012 @ 10:15 am

I am amazed at the dishonesty and vulgarity in this (and most recent) elections. I watch from across the 49th and see our campaigns moving in the same way and it saddens me.

I read that in England, if you lie about your opponent in your campaign and win, you are booted out of office.I like that idea.

in the meantime, I observe and wonder where has civility gone?

September 4, 2012 @ 5:10 am

Well there’s definitely no integrity in politics anymore. And it’s getting more widespread all the time. It’s just very sad. Civility has gone the way of integrity. The ONLY reason the majority of people get into politics is because they make one heck of a lot of money at it.

Take our former governor…no offense to any Canadians…but Jennifer Granholm sucked! Yes, I’m still a little confused as to how a Canadian could be a governor in Michigan… I don’t care what side of the fence she was on, hiring her HUSBAND’S company to come up with a campaign to convince state employees that it was more important to do their jobs with integrity (LOLOL!) than it was to be upset because they would lose 2 days pay per month…that was just wrong. But she and her family are at least a million dollars richer because of her smooth business move.

I hate politics, lol. But I do LOVE what England does. That needs to be a worldwide practice!

2. Jennette Marie Powell
    September 3, 2012 @ 12:25 pm

I can’t describe how much I hate all this crap – and I’m a writer! I know people on both sides who have this attitude that their party is all good, the other is evil.. it’s disgusting. I had to LOL at your statement about defending the guy you’re not going to vote for, because I find myself doing the same thing! You can consider yourself lucky in one respect… you don’t live in a swing state. If you really want to see ugliness, come to Ohio! Good thing I don’t watch TV.

September 4, 2012 @ 5:14 am

Hi, Jennette! Still waiting to hear when your third time travel book is available for sale. Hmm, hmm, hmm, hmm. Okay. Is it ready yet? 🙂

Wow, if Ohio is worse than Michigan…I’m SO sorry you have to deal with it. Because let me tell you, there’s a whole lot of ugly going on here over the upcoming election. I don’t watch much television, but I do use a lot of YouTube videos for my blog…and I swear that ALL of the ads now are from politicians…all running the other into the ground.

If only all of these ‘passionate’ people would realize…all of them LIE. None of them tell the truth, and none of them actually care about the people. They care about their agendas. I just want to scream, WAKE UP, EVERYONE! But they won’t. I guess we all have to have something to believe in, right? 🙂

3. Emma
    September 4, 2012 @ 8:56 am

Have you watched The Newsroom, Kristy? It’s really good and focuses on a lot of the issues you’re talking about.

September 4, 2012 @ 2:13 pm

I love The Newsroom. I can’t stand all the political crap. The trend these days is horrible. Where did our manners go? This is the time of year when I start listening to the talk radio rather than music wanting to hear the candidates so I can decide for myself. Honestly, I get a gut feeling and I do tend to weigh that in. But that’s me. I can’t say that’s right for everyone.

September 4, 2012 @ 5:35 pm

Hmm. Manners? I’ve heard that word before… What does it mean again? 🙂

I’m with you…I tend to go with my gut. If someone gives me a bad feeling, that often works. A couple of elections ago, my gut was clueless. It’s disgusted more than one person to find that I literally did the eenie, meenie, miney, mo thing to vote that year.

• Debra Kristi
        September 4, 2012 @ 7:24 pm

Ha! I fall back on my party in that case. But I had a STRONG feeling last election. I don’t think I was wrong. I get the feeling by watching the way they look at the camera. If they believe the words they are saying or feeding the public lies. Some politicians avoid looking at the camera when they preach their glory campaign. That’s something to watch for.