1. asraidevin
    September 19, 2012 @ 1:01 am

I did many years of figure skating as a child. In small town in Canada there are few options for extra curricular activities. Never really amounted to anything.

I had such a crush on Kurt Browning.

September 19, 2012 @ 1:23 am

You and me both, Asrai. I was practically in love with him in the 90s. And yeah, I bet. I hear it gets pretty cold up there…perfect for ice skating. 🙂

I, on the other hand, was raised in a decent sized city in Michigan. There were lots of other things for me to do. Which is a good thing, because graceful I’m NOT. 🙂

• asraidevin
        September 19, 2012 @ 1:28 am

LOL. Graceful I was not, which was probably why I quit when I got the higher levels.

I hope Battle of the Blades is on again this year so I can watch Kurt again! Even just a few minutes.

Good videos. Very distracting

September 19, 2012 @ 1:30 am

I haven’t seen a whole lot of skating since Stars on Ice. I loved that show! It was so cool, and I loved most of the skaters.

LOL…yes, those videos are extremely distracting. I’ve spent far too long on YouTube watching my favorites. 🙂

• asraidevin
            September 19, 2012 @ 1:57 am

Oh the hours lost to Youtube and Pinterest.

2. Emma
    September 19, 2012 @ 8:50 am

I can’t wait to go ice-skating this Christmas when the rink opens up again.
    Love the film The Cutting Edge.
    Kristy, maybe you should treat yourself to an amazing ice-skating outfit! It might inspire you to get back on the rink 🙂

September 20, 2012 @ 10:26 pm

That sounds like fun, Emma! But me get back on the rink? LOL…I wasn’t that good at 14 or 15. I can’t imagine that I’d improve now. 🙂

• Emma
        September 21, 2012 @ 8:25 am

You never know, Kristy. You never know 🙂

September 19, 2012 @ 9:12 pm

my girls did figure skating for one winter but that was enough for them – they wanted competition

September 21, 2012 @ 12:53 pm

I used to skate way back in the day. A bad landing and a twisted ankle changed my mind. It didn’t take much. I have more confidence now and would get back out there. Too bad I don’t have the body and agility I did then. Never have it all when you need it. My boyfriend at the time was into ice hockey and liked to stop by slamming into the walls. Boys. I wanted to trade skates with him and give him a pair with a toe pick. *Toe Pick* 😉

September 23, 2012 @ 2:30 pm

LOL…toe pick! Those were always interesting…and could be a little scary. But slamming into walls…yeah. Guy thing. The only walls I ever slammed into (usually on roller skates) were walls I couldn’t avoid. However, walls were better than landing on the floor. 🙂

I always wished I could be graceful on ice skates. The best I could manage was a version of Red Rover (I don’t remember what we called it, but we were teens…and it wasn’t that). I did better IN the line than I did breaking through the line. Probably because I didn’t have to move much. 🙂

5. mj monaghan
    September 23, 2012 @ 1:26 pm

I do like to watch figure skating. It’s such a precise sport. Didn’t they do away with the “compulsories?”

6. Kristy K. James...Living, Loving, Laughing
    September 23, 2012 @ 2:40 pm

I love watching it. Mostly because…well for too many reasons to list. They’re just such strong, talented people. And they look so beautiful on the ice. And yes, they did do away with compulsories. Now if they’d just do away with some of the judges. 🙂