1. Marcy Kennedy
    October 11, 2012 @ 11:57 am

I didn’t realize you were in a serious accident four years ago. I’m glad you fought to get your life back on track because otherwise you wouldn’t be here now, writing great material for the rest of us to read.

October 14, 2012 @ 4:20 am

Hi, Marcy. Yes I was. And if things the timing would have been off by a second, he’d have hit my door…and likely killed me. So I’m especially glad to be here. And thanks. I appreciate your kind words. 🙂

October 10, 2012 @ 10:59 pm

I can’t believe I’m only seeing this now. But I’m with MJ, I’m glad you weren’t dwelling on the date, but comfortable enough, and healed enough to almost stroll right past it. You are a strong and beautiful woman. Bless you.

October 11, 2012 @ 2:23 am

Thank you, Debra. It’s so nice to be so far beyond it that it’s not taking center stage in my life anymore. The only thing I still have much trouble with is riding a bike…and I intend to get past that, too.

It’s just so cool to see where I was…advised to start using a wheelchair three years ago, to walking around…and no one can tell I was ever in an accident. Someday soon I plan to pay a visit to that doctor, just to laugh in her face. 😀

3. JakiCheli
    October 9, 2012 @ 9:10 pm

Glad you’re who you are. We like you that way! I agree it was worth the effort. Look at what you’ve accomplished since then. 🙂

October 11, 2012 @ 2:19 am

Thanks, Jaki. I kind of like me, too. But I’m going to keep working on the parts of me I still don’t like…and that don’t have a blasted thing to do with the accident. 🙂

4. Emma
    October 9, 2012 @ 1:12 pm

Well done, Kristy. You’re a strong woman.

October 9, 2012 @ 3:57 pm

Thanks, Emma. I think that, given the right set of circumstances, everyone is a lot stronger than they think they are. Some things are just more motivating than others. 🙂

October 9, 2012 @ 2:22 am

I’m so glad you worked to get through it all, Kristy. Continued good health to you.

6. asraidevin
    October 9, 2012 @ 2:16 am

Good on you for taking your life back, being a survivor and not just another victim. I’m in awe of what you have accomplished!

7. mj monaghan
    October 9, 2012 @ 2:13 am

Nice to know that you’re almost looking past it, instead of looking toward that date. Must have been difficult, but it’s good that you’re in this point in time. Hope that made sense.

October 9, 2012 @ 3:54 pm

It made perfect sense. And I’m thrilled that I’m at the point in my life where I’m ready to put that in perspective. A great learning experience (great might be overstating it a bit), but now I can walk away…literally…having learned a lot about myself. 🙂