1. Natalie Hartford
    October 15, 2012 @ 7:26 am

HAHAHA…sounds like one big adventure!!! Even if you missed out on seeing and photographing the cranes, what a great story and love the pics along the way…
    Gotta luv country road finds…LOL!!

October 16, 2012 @ 2:27 am

It was actually a lot of fun. Especially the whole Edsel thing. Okay, I have to admit that the narrow road in the sanctuary wasn’t as much fun. Talk about mud…and it was nowhere near wide enough two cars to pass. It was barely wide enough for one…but it gave my daughter a new experience in driving. 🙂

2. Lisa Hall-Wilson
    October 16, 2012 @ 12:24 pm

Reminds me of our annual trek in March for fresh maple syrup at the sugar bush. Mud up to your knees, usually it’s raining – and cold. But if you’re prepared and dressed for it, it’s actually a lot of fun. (and the sugar high makes it all seem worth it 🙂

October 18, 2012 @ 10:09 pm

I’ll just bet it does. I’m not much of an outdoor girl myself, but there are some things that are worth it (NOT mushroom ‘hunting’). Fresh maple syrup would be one of the worthwhile reasons to go out. 🙂

October 18, 2012 @ 1:35 pm

I kind of wish I had been there. I’d love to have seen the old Edsels. And what fun you had. The Cranes look like the big bird that stops at my house twice a year and hangs out at my pond for a day. Crazy bastard. I think he wants to eat my fish.

October 18, 2012 @ 10:10 pm

LOL…the bird probably DOES want to eat your fish. I’ll see if I can get back out that way and take some more pics for you. I had intended to get more, but there was too much traffic because of the crane-fest, and no shoulder to pull over on. They all looked like junkers though. 🙂