1. John
    January 16, 2013 @ 12:39 am

It could happen. Since we are in the End Times, anything could happen. I get a flu shot each year because of my heart disease and diabetes. it can do only so much, good post. Thought provoking. Enjoy the January thaw? It’s gone and we are back to bitter!

January 16, 2013 @ 2:46 am

I don’t even like thinking about it. 🙁

I’ve never had a flu shot. I know too many people who have had problems with it. Of course I know plenty who do get it and don’t have problems with it, too.

I did enjoy the warmer weather, but was sorry to see the snow go. We did get a little of it back. And we never got to the ‘bitter’ here. Maybe a couple of times, but 11 last night, and 14 tonight (so far)….BRRRR!!! I love the snow, but winter would be perfect if it would stay exactly at 32 degrees…night and day. It’s just way too cold for me right now. 🙂

2. Karen McFarland
    January 16, 2013 @ 3:44 pm

Hi Kristy! I totally think that a pandemic could happen today. There are new forms of viruses all the time. And have you noticed that when you get sick it isn’t for a day or two anymore? What’s up with that? Most of us are hit pretty hard, or it now goes into a bacterial infection, aka superbug as you brought up in your post. Along with VitD, I take food carotene for my VitA daily useage to fight against infection and 15 to 20 thousand units of VitC per day. Yep, it’s surprising what we now keep in our arsenal, eh? Keep safe and healthy Kristy. 🙂

January 16, 2013 @ 4:13 pm

Hey, Karen! How are you and your husband doing? 🙂

I remember reading about superbugs for the first time in a Newsweek article maybe ten or twelve years ago. It scared the heck out of me. There are so many more things to worry about these days.

And you’re right! I came down with a cold on Christmas night…and while it wasn’t as bad as some have been, it was at its worst for two solid weeks, and I’m still not entirely over it. But I know the vitamin D and other supplements have been what’s kept it from getting really bad.

I suspect the biggest reason we aren’t just sick for a few days anymore has a lot to do with what we get at the grocery store. MSG and other additives are horrible for us. Some of our foods are genetically engineered, farmers give cattle/pigs/chickens/etc… growth hormones and feed them more chemicals. Look at potatoes. I swear I throw away a third of a 10# bag because they’re so poor quality. In other words, our nutrition these days leaves a lot to be desired.

I take a lot of vitamin C, too. I’m not sure what got me interested, but I read a lot of Linus Pauling’s research and take a few grams a day now. I don’t know if I’ll ever get to the place where I take as much as HE did, which I believe was 18 grams a day, I take a lot more than I used to.

I saw a video on YouTube. He was in his late 80s or early 90s and he still looked good. A lot younger than his actual age. But what stunned me was that he was still sharp as a tack. I was very impressed.

Guess I’m aiming for another full blog post in the comments, lol. I’ll stop now. 🙂

January 17, 2013 @ 11:41 am

I never put it out of the realm of possibility. It’s the earths way of keeping things in balance. Our population has gotten out of control and it is us that needs to be balanced for everything else to find harmony.

January 22, 2013 @ 4:19 am

You may be right. Although whether balance would help or not at this point… Who knows. We’ve used up so many resources, and polluted the planet so much at this point, is there any way to reverse it?

4. terence Donnelly
    January 21, 2013 @ 10:33 am

What a interesting post, makes you think,! its true to say that what we buy from the Super markets under the name of food? should be looked at.
    For me I have always thought that Paper money is the biggest germ spreader on the planet, just think how many unwashed pocket, wallets and handbags and filthy hands they pass through, being passed around, Yuk!
    Good post. be well. agman

January 22, 2013 @ 4:17 am

Thanks! Sometimes I wish I didn’t read as much as I do, because then I know more than I’m comfortable with. Then again, if we’re not informed, we’re pretty much powerless. And I agree 100% about money spreading germs. But we can’t win there. If we use credit or bank cards, we have to handle machines and the ‘pens’ that go with them. It’s not even a germ-free experience to write checks anymore because most places make you sign the little machine instead of the check. I know some of my family and friends think I’m paranoid for using so much hand sanitizer, but things like that, and the fact that too many people don’t wash their hands after using restrooms and coughing into them…yeah, I’ll keep using it. Thanks for stopping by. 🙂