1. Diana Beebe
    May 11, 2013 @ 4:19 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss. She was really blessed to have you and your family to love her so much in her last years.

May 13, 2013 @ 1:54 am

Thanks, Diana. I think we were the blessed ones though. She was the sweetest dog you could ever hope to know. 🙂

2. Karen McFarland
    May 11, 2013 @ 7:12 pm

What a sweet doggie! She must’ve been since she melded into your family so quickly Kristy. And when they die, it’s like one of our kids or something. Heart-wrenching. Big hugs to you and yours girl. So glad you got to enjoy her so much while she was with you. 🙂

May 13, 2013 @ 1:55 am

Thanks, Karen. You’re right about them being like our kids. Okay. Keeping this short. I’m okay as long as I stay busy, but when I think about it too much, it’s too hard. 🙂

May 11, 2013 @ 7:48 pm

Touching post, dear friend. Shadow was lucky to have you for a family in the end. I’m so sorry you had to go through the pain of loss. But to never experience the relationship may have been an even greater loss. Hugging you through the cyber lines.

May 13, 2013 @ 3:26 am

Thanks Deborah. As I told Diana, I think we were the lucky ones. She was my first real experience in having a dog in the family, and I couldn’t have asked for a better one. I would have asked that she wasn’t so old by the time I met her though. Five and a half years wasn’t long enough. Hugs back. 🙂

4. Tameri Etherton
    May 12, 2013 @ 11:13 pm

What a sweet story to share with us. I’m so sorry for your loss of a loved one. They really are family members and so very dear to our hearts. Huge hugs to you and your kids.

May 13, 2013 @ 3:27 am

Thanks, Tameri. Yes, she was definitely part of the family…and it’s not right that she isn’t here. My son keeps saying he walks into the living room and expects to see her on the sofa. So do I. It was one of her favorite spots to nap. Hugs to you, too. 🙂

5. August McLaughlin
    May 13, 2013 @ 10:29 pm

I have chills, and am hugging you virtually—as hard as I can! I’m so sorry for your loss, Kristy. Thank you for giving Shadow a beautiful life.

May 14, 2013 @ 10:12 pm

Thanks, August. I only hope she thought she had a beautiful life. I do know that she was loved…a lot. 🙂