1. Emma
    July 26, 2013 @ 8:55 am

PC goes way too far these days. Makes most of us feel like we can’t open our mouth without having someone wagging their fingers and telling us we’re being offensive.

• Steve (extension 128)
      July 26, 2013 @ 11:02 am

^^^^This!!!!

August 17, 2013 @ 10:44 pm

I couldn’t agree more, Emma. I’m so tired of having to keep my mouth shut for fear of offending someone…but there isn’t really any way around it in your business life, so I just keep biting my tongue.

2. Steve (extension 128)
    July 26, 2013 @ 11:04 am

“If you don’t jump on the politically correct side of the fence, you’re a piranha. It’s okay for ‘those’ people to believe strongly in a cause, but they’re not okay with others believing differently.”

This^^^^^ It is remarkable how intolerant those who claim to be tolerant are. I detest political correctness.

August 17, 2013 @ 10:42 pm

Glad to hear I’m not the only one who thinks that way, Steve (and I apologize for the delay…WordPress has ceased notifying me of comments). My thoughts are the same…if I’m supposed to tolerate the beliefs of others, then they can tolerate my beliefs, too…but that’s never how it goes. I will probably be blocking a lot of people on my Facebook page during the next election…and waiting for a month after the vote to add them back. Politics seems to bring out the worst in a lot of people.

3. Lynn Kelley
    July 26, 2013 @ 9:17 pm

I agree that PC is out of control, and so are the politicians. It all makes me gag!

August 17, 2013 @ 10:40 pm

Well…again WordPress neglected to mention that there were comments I hadn’t seen. 🙁

Totally agree with politicians and political correctness being out of control. I join you in a collective gag-fest over it all. 🙂

July 29, 2013 @ 7:21 pm

I am one of those that is always afraid to say anything for fear of offending someone somewhere. It’s ridiculous. Then there’s this little advice I received a while back telling me to refrain from commenting because those comments can always come back to haunt you at any point later in life. Who wants to live their life like they’re walking on eggshells? And yet, that’s the direction society has been heading for some time. Sigh.

5. Tameri Etherton
    July 30, 2013 @ 10:16 pm

Hmmm, at first blush I wanted to say, ‘nope, I’m going to say/write/think whatever I want’, but then I thought of all the times I didn’t comment on a post because I disagreed with what the writer was saying. Or the times I refrained from posting something on FB because it *might’ve* been considered controversial. So yeah, I play the PC game. I don’t like it. Not one bit. I have opinions. Very strong ones, but they are best kept at home where it’s safe. No one will judge me at home or make me a social outcast. Or not buy my books because they don’t agree with what I’ve said. Which kind of sucks, but then maybe not. Like you said, my job isn’t to write political stuff, it’s to write fiction. I want to entertain, not preach. I just wish I could do it without someone wagging their finger in my face.

July 31, 2013 @ 6:28 pm

I know. I hate that I can’t voice my opinion without risking offending someone. I won’t even ‘like’ most posts I agree with…for that same reason. I do, however, sit back and enjoy the discussions. It does sucks that it has to be this way. Sometimes I just want to ‘let my voice be heard,’ but it’s not worth the fallout. However, I can let my elected representatives hear my voice, via a telephone, so I do.