1. Alice
    August 23, 2013 @ 2:57 am

Kristy, I had a Prince! I made the choice early on to hold out for a Prince. I didn’t meet my Prince until I was 44 but he was worth the wait. My Ed was old fashioned he courted me! If he came to my house for dinner he brought flowers,every time. He would call me every night just to talk even if we had seen each other earlier in the day. My Ed waited six weeks before he kissed for the first time. After we had been together for a time he would stop and pick wild daisy’s for me (he knew they were my favorite). In the evenings while we relaxed he would watch TV and I would quilt. Ed would pull my feet up in his lap and rub my feet for hours. And when we would go to sleep he would hold my hand all night long. That’s some of the reasons why my Ed was my Prince.

August 23, 2013 @ 6:25 pm

Aww…he’s even sweeter than what you’ve already told me about him…and that was pretty sweet! Hours-long foot rubs? Flowers, phone calls, hand-holding. I can see why you miss him so much! We should all be as blessed as you were…only we should all get to keep them forever. He was definitely a Prince. 🙂

2. Debbie Stanley Bailey
    August 23, 2013 @ 5:40 am

i believe i found my prince charming and i wish everyone theirs.. it’s a wonderful thing

August 23, 2013 @ 6:27 pm

I know he makes you very happy, Debbie…and that’s the most important thing about a prince. Even if that prince spends a small fortune on big boy toys that have four wheels and big motors. 😉

3. Kathie Thompson Juliano
    August 23, 2013 @ 11:47 am

Hey, that was me. So since you bumped this back up I’ll respond. I think probably Prince Charming lost some of his luster once he was ruling the Kingdom everyday, so in that case I think I got a Prince, not the first time, definite frog, but the second ones a keeper! But then I’m no Princess either. It’s been 14 years now, he’s been on a job working long days and overnights, last Sunday morning at 5AM he was waking up as I got up to “p”, as I’m crawling back into bed he leans over and hugs me and says “Thank you for loving me” Not being a morning person I mumbled “love you to” and rolled over and went back to sleep. 🙂 Later I asked him why and he said that, he said it was because I’d been bringing him a home cooked dinner each night at the job site. Said he didn’t know anyone else who would do that. (Of course his first 3 wives were frogs, or maybe witches?)

It’s not all fairy tales you don’t just get happily ever after, you have to work for it but then all the fairy tales end at the wedding, well except for Shrek and we know they hit a few bumps along the way. 😉

August 23, 2013 @ 6:31 pm

Well I’m glad to know that someone saw some of my earlier posts, Kathie. 🙂

Sometimes we have to work our way through a few frogs to find our Prince Charming, don’t we? I love, love, LOVE that he thanked you for loving him like that. LOL…and I love your immediate reaction, too. I may have to use that in a story…not exactly like that, but something very similar. It’s totally adorable.

You are spot on about fairy tales ending at the wedding. Those who write them must have known that things like morning breath, ill-timed gas emissions, dirty socks on the floor, and dribbles on the toilet seat are something LESS than romantic. 🙂

• Kathie
        August 24, 2013 @ 1:27 am

You are more than welcome to use it in any manner you like.

Bless his heart I don’t have to put up with too many of those common things, but he is slow…….very slow, there are a few things that it’s good to be slow for but we have a standing joke at the gym, sometimes I spend 20-30 minutes when we’re done, waiting for him to come out of the locker room. The employees used to ask if they could help me and I’d tell them nope, waiting for my husband, he’s the only man I know that takes longer to get ready to go somewhere than a woman. Now they all just see me waiting for him and when he starts strolling through the gym the girls look over, roll their eyes at me and laugh. At Home Depot or Lowe’s I just pull up a chair somewhere and wait. But you know we run a business together and spend almost all of our time together and we still “like” each other. You can’t ask for anything better than that.

August 25, 2013 @ 4:49 pm

Thanks, Kathie, because that was truly one of the cutest things I’ve ever heard!

Too funny about him taking so long to get ready. I have noticed that for all men complain that we take forever, that we’re on the phone all the time, and we stand around chatting and gossiping too much…men are just as bad. And some of them are worse, lol.

I think it’s great that you work together AND still like each other so much after more than a decade. And no, you really can’t ask for anything better. You married your best friend. 🙂

4. Marcia
    August 29, 2013 @ 10:37 am

I found my prince though, as I think is true with any man, he’s had some frog moments. Then again, I’m sure I’ve had some frog moments myself. I know I’m certainly not the perfect princess from the fairy tale.
    I don’t think fairy tales lead kids astray, they just stop too soon. They end when you’re blinded by love with stars in your eyes and they don’t show you how to cope with the reality of life with someone new. Trying to combine two different personalities and lifestyles almost always leads to some kind of friction.
    I think a lot of what makes a prince a prince is our view of him. Yes, each man will have flaws- no one is perfect. But if we can remember to see the best in him and encourage him and overlook what we see as shortcomings, the same way we would want him to do for us, then I think we can have our fairy tale marriage despite our froggy tendencies! 🙂

August 29, 2013 @ 3:49 pm

Hi, Marcia…welcome! 🙂

I think you nailed the problem with Prince & Princess Charming. If we’re not willing to take the time to encourage, if we can’t overlook flaws and shortcomings (while being very aware of our own), then no marriage (or relationship) will have the happily-ever-after fairy tale ending.

Personally, I don’t want a perfect prince. Perfection in another sets the bar too high for me. While I will always try to be the best me I can be…I don’t ever plan on aiming to be flawless. It’s jut not possible, not for me…and not for whoever my prince will be. And that’s something I think a lot of people don’t consider. If what they want is perfection in a partner, then that’s what they need to be prepared to give…and I doubt there are many willing to do that. 🙂

5. 7 Things I Wish I’d Known as a Child | Kristy K. James
    April 8, 2015 @ 11:17 pm

[…] I ever dreamed it would be. However, that whole Prince Charming thing? Most men are nothing but domesticated frogs, so just accept that fact and I’ll be a much happier […]