1. Shelley Chastagner
    February 19, 2014 @ 9:42 pm

My poor mother is terrified of mice. When I was a teen I pretended to have one wrapped up in a hand towel which freaked my mom way out. I then preceded to toss the towel at her. (hanging my head in shame) God has punished me a hundred fold by giving me my son. Just saying it was soooo not worth it.

February 25, 2014 @ 6:57 pm

LOL…punished by having a son. Yeah, if he’s a typical boy, I can imagine some of the things he’s done to scare you. But trust me, guys have their fears, too.

I feel the same way about snakes as I do mice. And I come by it honestly. My dad was just as scared – if not more so. I remember one day my brothers decided to play a trick on him and they put a rubber snake under the covers in my parent’s bed. Dad had a bad day at work and came home in an ornery mood and I had a hard time not laughing when I say one of the boys slinking down the hall to remove the snake from the bed. Dad was a pretty easy going man…but there were times when a prank like that wouldn’t have been wise. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Korinna Berry
    February 20, 2014 @ 1:13 am

A snake! I can’t even look at pictures of them! I am deathly afraid of them. There is no such thing as a good snake- none. Ewww I cringe writing the word.

• Stephanie Roush
      February 20, 2014 @ 9:45 am

OMG Korinna…me too!! I can’t watch them on TV, I refuse to go in the building that houses them at the zoo, I get cold chills even talking about them! YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!!!

I’m not so bad with mice, rats, and spiders. Especially the spiders. I live in a very old house so we have A LOT of spiders (the thin ones that mean no harm, I’m sure) that even come into the top part of my shower and I have talks with them where I explain that I don’t care to share the shower but if they come into the tiled area, I reserve the right to kill them! LOL

February 26, 2014 @ 2:46 am

I’ve seen them (snakes) on pages in magazines, Stephanie…and stupid as I might feel, I touch as little of the corner of the page as possible. Of all the things you’ve listed, spiders are the only things I can tolerate at all, and I sincerely wish I didn’t have to. But they beat rodents and snakes.. Too funny about your shower talks. As long as they stay in corners far away from me, we’re cool. Unfortunately, I can’t count the number that have come floating down in front of my face as I sit at my computer. Makes me wonder sometimes how many have landed on my head and back. Yuck. ๐Ÿ˜€

February 25, 2014 @ 7:05 pm

Korinna…me, too! The only reason I didn’t mention them in this post is because the snow is still piled up outside. When things warm up though, I won’t set foot outside without lace up shoes (and I’d prefer those wader things that come up to your waist). I avoid my yard like the plague, and keep a very watchful eye out on my way to and from the van.

I agree with the ‘there is no such thing as a good snake,’ but I take it a little further because in my opinion, the only good snake is a dead snake. Preferably far, far away from me. ๐Ÿ™‚

My mom, youngest daughter and I went to a Civil War encampment during a city celebration. It was back off in the woods at the park on a fairly chilly fall day. I figured we were safe because it had been rainy and cold, but after touring all of the displays, we headed back toward the foot bridge that crossed the little creek (the county calls it a river, but it’s a creek). That’s the only way back to the parking area…and there was a snake laying on one of the wooden planks.

I looked at my mom…she looked at me…and we just stood there about fifteen feet away, along with a small crowd of people who didn’t want to go anywhere near the bridge either. Eventually, a teenage girl did something that scared it away and we all hurried across to get to the safety of our cars.

I’ve never returned to the Civil War encampment…