1. Kathy Tozzi
    November 15, 2014 @ 10:13 am

I remember those days very well. My daughter was in the marching band through high school, I not only had football games to sit through but also marching band competitions every week (I never missed one of either of those). I found bleacher chairs and put heated hunter cushions on them. Sitting on them activates the heat..along with hand warmers in not only my gloves but also in my shoes made a big difference. Although I missed the days and nights of football games, marching band, as well as softball when she graduated it brings back warm memories for me and the treasured times spent for and with my baby girl.

November 16, 2014 @ 8:29 pm

Aww….you’re a good mom, Kathy! But reading about your experiences makes me think of two things. One that I’d had the bleacher chair and all the warmers you had on Friday night. And two, that I’m SO glad my kids never showed an in sports and bands. I am such a wimp when it comes to temperature extremes that it’s not even funny. ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Kitt Crescendo
    November 15, 2014 @ 7:26 pm

I don’t think you’re a wimp. I empathize. In fact, I’m freaking out right now, trying to figure out if I can find my gloves and other winter paraphernalia for my winter trip up to Rochester. So thrilled to get this new day job, but really? Training in Rochester? Eep!

November 16, 2014 @ 8:16 pm

Oh I hope you find everything! If it’s anywhere near as cold in NY as it is here, you’re going to need it all. It is kind of weird that they’re sending you across country for training though. Too bad it wasn’t a month ago. You’d have liked the 40s a lot more. ๐Ÿ™‚

3. karenmcfarland
    November 21, 2014 @ 7:34 pm

High school football. That’s taking me back. But in Michigan? You’re not a wimp. You’re crazy girlfriend! Burrrrrrrrr! Speaking of mittens. During my skiing days, I had a friend who swore by his battery operated heated mittens. I kid you not. They worked. So in the future, look for a pair. Got to keep your otter extremities warm! Twenty degrees. Y’all are nuts! lolol!

November 23, 2014 @ 7:52 pm

Ooh…love the heated mittens idea, Karen! You’d think we would have them in Michigan, right? Not that I see me going to another football game (EVER!), but they would still come in handy in the van while waiting for it to warm up. ๐Ÿ˜€

And yes….there must be some degree of insanity for those of us who choose to live in climates with snow and windchills in the winter. ๐Ÿ˜€