1. rena2168
    May 19, 2015 @ 11:48 pm

Are you kidding me? I will rough anything out with you! You aware a great author. I have read the Coach’s series but I will admit I haven’t read the other, simply because of my finances. I do a lot of ARC reading and do reviews for the authors. Have you thought about going to some release parties to get exposure? I mean I am friends with a few authors that I can put a bug in their ears for the next release party! I would love to see you get the credit you deserve! I am pretty sure you have my email. Just pm me and I can let ya know some of them I ARC or BETA read for. You do such a great job Kristy, and I am writing a book too as I told ya (actually working on three at the moment) and I certainly will jump on any opportunity when my turn comes, but you do not deserve to be in the slush pile! I have seen this with a couple others too and they too have had to make the same decision you did. It is sad that so many with such talent, like you, get shuffled for a person who has won a RITA or a bestseller, or was on the “LIST” for a number of weeks. I am really a nobody right now Kristy, but trust me, if I can help in any possible way, you got it.

May 24, 2015 @ 5:22 pm

Thank you so much, Rena. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate you saying that. And I will keep the ARC/beta reading thing in mind. Hmm on the release day party. I’ll have to give that some thought. I know I did one for Laying Low in Paradise, but it was pretty draining for me (still fighting the thyroid related fatigue, though I’m finding organic cayenne pepper really helps!).

You are not a nobody either. Don’t ever believe that of yourself. 🙂

2. rena2168
    May 19, 2015 @ 11:49 pm

That would be you are a great author! Geesh I hate autocorrect!

May 24, 2015 @ 5:19 pm

LOL. I love auto correct and predictive text. My daughter makes my day when she sends me a message that predictive text changes. 🙂

3. Ginger
    May 20, 2015 @ 3:31 am

I initially got book one of the Coach’s Boys series, Daddy Pact, as a free book off Book Bub and just finish reading it actually the day you posted this. I liked it so much I hit Amazon and bought the other 7 books in the series (unless Erin’s Christmas Wish is part of the series? Not sure but would love to know. ) Keep writing… you are awesome!!!!

May 24, 2015 @ 5:17 pm

Oops. I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you, Ginger. I’ve been working so hard on the new book to try and get it out by mid or late June, I just haven’t had time to do much else. I explained about Erin a minute ago in your other comment. And thanks so much! I appreciate hearing that from you. 🙂

4. Ruth Ann Nordin
    May 20, 2015 @ 8:49 pm

It was a tough decision to make. It’s too bad the other online bookstores don’t make it easier for readers to find new authors. It would be nice if authors could write without worrying about money, but like any other job, money has to factor into the equation. I think you made the right move and hope the new series gives you the lift you need to get to where you want to be. *fingers crossed for you, Kristy!*

May 24, 2015 @ 5:14 pm

It sure was, Ruth. I kept hoping the other sites would offer more visibility than they did, and when they didn’t, I absolutely agonized over the decision to put everything back in Select. Thank you for the support, and here’s hoping the new series does exactly that. I’m crossing my fingers too! And saying a lot of prayers. 🙂

5. karenmcfarland
    May 22, 2015 @ 3:52 pm

I’m sorry that you’re being forced to go through this Kristy. How frustrating! And yes you need to make a living. There’s just so much injustice in this industry as much as I supposed there is in other businesses. But it’s hard to take it personally when it directly affects you. I hope things get squared away soon. Stories like these make me question my interest in publishing as a new author. Please let us know the outcome. ((Hugs))

May 24, 2015 @ 5:13 pm

I don’t really take it personally. If not for companies like Amazon, I’d still just be writing for pleasure, the stories collecting virtual dust on my computer. What I hate is that in order for me to make a living, I have to exclude the other bookstores, but I really do hope within a year or so, I won’t need to do that anymore. Hugs to you too, Karen. 🙂

6. Ginger
    May 24, 2015 @ 6:09 am

Just purchased all the books in the Coach’s boys series and am up to book 5. LOVE this series!!! The family these guys are is how I wish my own life could be! I do have one question, is Erin’s Christmas Wish a part of the series???

May 24, 2015 @ 5:10 pm

Hi, Ginger! So glad to hear you’re loving the series! Thanks for letting me know. I love how the guys are all like brothers too. As for Erin.. While her story also takes place in Charlotte, she’s only mentioned in Holding Out For Love, which is a companion story for the Coach’s Boys.

She may show up in the new series though, as will Wendy (HOFL) and a few of the guys from the Coach’s Boys. Sam, Zack, and Billy are going to be in a scene or two in the story I’m working on now. I figure since most of my books are set in the same community, it would be perfectly normal for old favorites to show up here and there. 🙂

7. Ginger
    May 25, 2015 @ 1:51 am

Since it is all related, I am definitely getting it and looking into the new series. The stories flow so well they are a fast read and definitely keep your attention. Makes my third shift hours some nights so really quickly … so thanks!

May 26, 2015 @ 11:54 pm

You are so welcome, Ginger. I’m glad they help pass the time for you. 🙂

8. Gloria Korth
    June 12, 2015 @ 8:47 pm

Hey Kristy, any more Coach boy’s books planned for the future. I’m on the last one and don’t want series to end 🙁

June 13, 2015 @ 5:54 pm

Hi, Gloria…
      I’m tossing around ideas for maybe three more novellas for the Coach’s Boys. Things I can put out around Christmas. We’ll have to see how it goes. I don’t want to write something that’s not good, just for the sake of writing it. But the boys will still be around. Sam, Zack, and Billy are making at least one appearance in the first book of my new series … and the rest will show up here and there in the rest. 😀

• Gloria Korth
        June 13, 2015 @ 7:12 pm

THANK YOU! For making an effort to continue on. Don’t blame you for wanting to write about another book that is worthwhile. Hoping maybe a couple books per yr will keep readers in touch with all the families and going on’s! i.e. kids growing up, new babies, new events!! Thanks for your reply! Appreciate it!!