1. Libby
    November 8, 2015 @ 2:27 am

That sucks.I have all your books on nook. I should still have access to those previously purchased, correct?

• Libby
      November 8, 2015 @ 2:28 am

It just shouldn’t be that way.

November 8, 2015 @ 3:28 am

Absolutely. And at the rate I’ve been going this year, there won’t be a whole lot of new ones during this period. And the ones I do get published will still be available with the other options.

And you’re right. It shouldn’t be that way. I wish it wasn’t, but I only sell a small handful of books at B&N. Hopefully, that will change once I’ve saved enough to advertise like I need to. 🙁

2. Ruth Ann Nordin
    November 8, 2015 @ 8:43 pm

Amazon has forced authors into making a tough decision. I feel for you. 🙁

November 8, 2015 @ 9:08 pm

Thanks, Ruth. I hate it. I’m looking into trying to sell new releases – mobi’s and e-pubs’s – directly from my site for a while after they’re published so hopefully that will help, but yeah, we’re all between a rock and a hard place with all of the online bookstores these days. :/

3. karenmcfarland
    November 9, 2015 @ 10:55 am

Kristy, yes, as writers we write for our readers. And you of all people love writing books for your readers. Every book is a labor of love. But as an indie, there are tough decisions that need to be made. Self-employment isn’t easy and the business side of writing is very difficult. And I’m sure this was a tough decision. But you have to do what is best for business. If not, your readers won’t have access to your books! Most readers are connected with Amazon. They will follow you because they love you. This will all work out fine. ((Hugs)) 🙂

November 12, 2015 @ 6:53 am

Thanks for the encouragement, Karen. I appreciate it. And yes, this was a very tough decision. I just don’t want to have to try to find time around a day job to write. I know from experience that it’s not easy. Now, with the whole thyroid mess thrown into the mix, it would be nearly impossible for me to do both. {{{hugs to you too}}}