1. lynnkelleyauthor
    November 19, 2015 @ 11:45 pm

I’m so sorry you were forced to make such a hard decision, Kristy. We’ve had to make a similar choice after we did everything within our power to make it work out, but people’s safety comes first. I hope Dagwood is placed with a family he’ll fit in with perfectly. You’ve had a rough year with your pets. 🙁

November 20, 2015 @ 12:57 am

Thank you, Lynn. I’ve never had to do anything like this before. And if he hadn’t gone after Jack while Aria was here, he’d still be here. If he’d jumped on her, or bitten her (and I know it wouldn’t have been on purpose) in his determination to get to Jack, I’d have never stopped feeling guilty. I just can’t risk having her hurt. It’s just really hard because they wouldn’t guarantee me 100% that they would be able to place him. But he’s so sweet, when he’s not around Jack anyway, that someone should fall in love with him.

Oops. And this year has really sucked with the pets. From eight to five in four months. 🙁

2. Emma
    November 20, 2015 @ 8:40 am

Sorry it didn’t work out with Dagwood but you couldn’t take a chance with him around other male dogs and and especially your family. Fingers crossed the shelter will find him a good home to settle down in.

November 23, 2015 @ 6:40 pm

Thanks, Emma. I really hope they do. I’ve been too scared to check their website after the first day because they wouldn’t guarantee they would. But yes on the family. The baby is scooching around on the floor now, soon to be crawling – and then walking – and just the though of her being here and being hurt… Just couldn’t deal with that.

3. Ruth Ann Nordin
    November 20, 2015 @ 1:36 pm

I hope he finds a good home. That was a tough decision to make. 🙁

November 23, 2015 @ 6:41 pm

It sure was, Ruth. And I hope he does too. He deserves to be in a home where he can learn and thrive without the temptation of Jack to distract him from everything.

4. Bianca
    November 20, 2015 @ 2:24 pm

Sorry it didn’t work out but the baby will be crawling pretty soon and could have gotten in between the dogs by accident and while your son got bitten in his hand baby would hace been her face. Though choice, good decision.

November 23, 2015 @ 6:43 pm

She’s already doing the inchworm thing, Bianca – and she and my daughter will be here for a couple of weeks after Thanksgiving. I just couldn’t bear it if she’d gotten hurt during one of their fights. And then there’s my son, who couldn’t remember to keep his hands away from their faces…