February 11, 2012 @ 12:37 am

the poem made me chuckle, Kristy. 3 of my uncles served in europe and they all smoked. eventually quit but after many years. and yes, they swore there was nothing like a smoke to keep you going.

February 10, 2012 @ 7:22 pm

Dr. Seuss and cigarettes. Now there’s something. LOL I suspect with all his messages he’s be saying something against smoking. But I agree with Asrai. When the men and women are out there putting their lives on the line, if a cigarette takes the edge off, I’m all for it. Hell, who knows what other stuff they are inhaling. My dad thought the cancer he got was the result of something from a weapons induced forest fire that he was lucky enough to be at ground zero for. Who knows. *shrugs*

February 10, 2012 @ 10:46 pm

In the military, who knows what they’re inhaling? First, to my knowledge, there was Agent Orange. And then something during one of the wars in the 1990’s that has caused debilitating illnesses for many of the veterans. It’s just sad that they put their lives on the line-and it’s often their very own governments who cause the most damage. I’m sorry to hear about your dad. 🙁

3. Coleen Patrick
    February 10, 2012 @ 10:07 am

Maybe it was the rhyme, but I started picturing Dr. Seuss like illustrations as I read. lol

February 10, 2012 @ 10:44 pm

LOL…now I’ll be doing that, Coleen! So far I just catch myself (in my thoughts) chanting as I read it. Sure would have liked to have met the man who wrote it. It’s great! 🙂

4. asraidevin
    February 10, 2012 @ 1:11 am

My husband loves to watch war movies and series’ like Band of Brothers and The Pacific. What they went through in those days was amazing. And i am forever thankful they fought for all our freedom. So if a cigarette made it a little easier, have at ‘er. I would also guess that cigarettes were not as filled with chemicals as they are now.

Thanks for sharing.

February 10, 2012 @ 10:42 pm

I like some war movies. My mom talked me into watching some like The Dirty Dozen and The Great Escape. I actually liked The Great Escape so much I went to the store and bought it, lol.

Like you, I’m thankful for past and present soldiers. They do so much for all of us! And I agree about the chemicals. But that’s true of pretty much everything these days. I don’t like a lot of prepackaged foods because I can taste them. Yuck!