1. breeanaputtroff
    September 29, 2011 @ 5:29 am

I have no idea what that thing is! 🙂 I think you may be right, that it’s Jack’s Beanstalk.

Cute idea about the boxes. That might come in handy sometime.

September 29, 2011 @ 5:36 am

LOL…it does come in handy…about the time bulky toys and games are no longer cool. And I’m voting for the beanstalk, too. It is very unique though. I’m hoping it’s a plant that you can get cuttings from because I wouldn’t mind having one. Although I pretty much kill any plant I’ve ever owned. Just call me the plant murderer. 🙂

2. Patricia
    September 29, 2011 @ 10:35 am

What a nice post – I love boxes and do crazy things with them.
    The plant looks vaguely familar, but I can’t place it.

September 29, 2011 @ 5:35 pm

Thanks, Patricia. I used to be that way with baskets, until they overran my house. So now I just have a couple. But boxes this time of year. If anyone I know saw the pile of broken down boxes I’ll have on December 1st, they’d think I needed therapy. 🙂

3. tapping
    September 30, 2011 @ 4:16 pm

This is very interesting! Great information and it is also very well written. I will bookmark and comeback soon.

October 4, 2011 @ 11:25 pm

Thank you, tapping. Sorry I missed this earlier, but glad you found the information useful. 🙂

4. Nyla
    October 1, 2011 @ 9:31 am

It looks like a creeping fig to me. I had one many moons ago, but alas, I too have been known to “off” a few flora in my day…. it does well with the grafting/rooting but it can be sensitive to over-watering once u get it in dirt. I must say, though, I haven’t laughed so hard this late in aeons!!! I too was voting for the beanstalk. :)))

October 1, 2011 @ 3:52 pm

Thanks, Nyla. I was chatting with my aunt the other night (owner of this plant cutting) and she got me laughing…too hard and too loud…late in the evening. It’s fun to do that though. I’ll have to tell my aunt to check out creeping figs (never heard of those…but then I don’t know what most plants are anyway). Yay…another vote for the beanstalk! I really want that goose, and have offered to be generous and house it in my garage. 🙂