1. Fabio Bueno
    May 17, 2012 @ 4:34 pm

Kristy, I get what you are saying. I write for the pleasure as well, but I’d like to have many readers. And some writers need to support themselves.
    That seems a good starting point: pricing it at the sweet spot where the writer can get readers and also earn an income, so she can keep writing.

2. Jennette Marie Powell
    May 14, 2012 @ 8:09 pm

Knowing what your goals are in writing is what’s most important, IMO. I wouldn’t write if I didn’t love it. But if I didn’t want to share it, I sure wouldn’t spend the time to revise and polish, and revise again, and…. LOL. There are so many books out there for $.99 and free, it’s no longer a guarantee for more readers or visibility. However, I’m participating in a $.99 group promo next month, so I’d be very happy to be wrong. I just bought Enza with the gift card I won from your blog hop – thanks! I love the time period, so I’m really looking forward to it! Good luck in your quest for readership!

May 14, 2012 @ 8:57 pm

I may bump the prices up again, but I’ve been paying very close attention to sales this year and the only one that sells well is the .99 cent one. And I mean it consistently outsells the others by A LOT. By 5,000% and 6,000% more. No, I don’t make a lot of money, but that’s okay. People are reading it…and that’s why I wrote it. Hopefully more will read the others soon.

Thanks so much for buying Enza! You didn’t have to…but I hope you enjoy it. I’ll look forward to hearing your opinion. 🙂

3. August McLaughlin
    May 14, 2012 @ 4:37 pm

The cake is more important to me, too, Kristy. I think it also makes way for yummy frosting. 😉

May 14, 2012 @ 5:53 pm

It sure does! Like most everyone in the civilized world, I’ve had my share of striking it rich fantasies. But I knew when I was a teenager that money isn’t everything. When my mom started playing the lottery and planning how she was going to spend the jackpot, all I could think was that being able to have everything you’ve ever wanted would ruin Christmas. It’s important, but not THAT important. It really doesn’t make us happy.

Now Robert Downey Jr. could make me happy. Someone could FedEx him to my house and I’d be REALLY happy. 🙂

4. Emma
    May 14, 2012 @ 3:22 pm

I’m the same Kristy. I write because I love to do so. Hey, it would be great to make some money one day but I’ll keep writing either way.

May 14, 2012 @ 5:45 pm

Same here, Emma. I knew way back when I was fifteen that writing is a big part of what defines me. I’ll write whether I make money or not. Glad I’m not alone in that. 🙂

May 14, 2012 @ 12:53 pm

I hope to be able to fix some of the stuff breaking around here someday. But ultimately it’s about the story and I sure hope people like it – no – LOVE it. That would be awesome! Not hating it, that would be nice. Time will tell.

May 14, 2012 @ 5:44 pm

There are always going to have haters…but that’s okay. It just makes us appreciate the people who love our books even more than we already do. And just based on what little I’ve seen so far, you’re lovers are going to outnumber any potential haters…by a lot! 🙂

6. Jennifer Lewis Oliver
    May 14, 2012 @ 11:46 am

I feel the same way, Kristy. Though I’d love to make a million bucks off my books (when they get published), its not the reason behind me writing them. I love to create characters and stories. Its fun and exciting. Its like meeting new friends and experiencing their life right along side of them.
    Yes, the money is great but writing is the fulfilling part.
    So glad that you enjoy being a published author! I can only imagine the joy to know that your books are in the hands of others – who love them just as much!

May 14, 2012 @ 5:38 pm

I’d definitely like to see my bank account overflow…but if it never does, I won’t stop writing. You’re right…that IS the fulfilling part. 🙂

And it is a joy to know that people are reading my books. Now I just have to get organized so I can start producing NEW books. 🙂

7. JakiCheli
    May 14, 2012 @ 1:45 am

Yay! Of all your followers I am actually the first to like this post. Don’t check the time I did it! Glad to see what is really your greatest joy in being a published author, that is indeed priceless. L&P

May 14, 2012 @ 1:56 am

It’s always fun to be the first one, isn’t it? No, I won’t check the time…as long as you don’t check the time I responded. 🙂

And writing is my greatest joy as far as being an author goes. I wrote many, many stories that collected dust through the years…just because I loved doing it. Even though no one read a word of them but me. Now other people ARE reading them…and I am loving it! 🙂