1. karenmcfarland
    May 8, 2014 @ 5:34 pm

Okay, now I really have to see this movie. Yes, I still haven’t seen it. And no, you are not alone. Crazy, I know. But thanks for the recommendation Kristy! 🙂

May 13, 2014 @ 4:59 pm

Let me know what you think about it after you see it, Karen. 🙂

2. jansenschmidt
    May 7, 2014 @ 4:06 pm

Thanks for the review. I still haven’t seen it, but it’s on my list of “to sees.” I don’t usually go to the movies because it’s so expensive. I’d much rather sit in my jammies on my couch and watch from home.

I think I’ll move this one up a few places on the list.

Patricia Rickrode
    w/a Jansen Schmidt

May 13, 2014 @ 4:55 pm

Hi, Patricia…
      This will be one movie you’ll be glad you watched at home. I don’t mind sniffling a little at the theater, but when it comes to outright crying – I’d rather watch it in my pajamas in the privacy of my own home, lol. 🙂

3. Stormi D Johnson
    May 7, 2014 @ 4:03 pm

I loved this film and I agree with you about Tom Hanks, he is an amazing actor and one of my FAVORITES. I am with you also if I was Walt Disney I would have probably sent her packing..lol. Though getting to know her through flashbacks I can sort of see why she was like she was and how important Mary Poppins was to her, since it was about her father. This movie had me tearing up and laughing and that to me makes a great movie. 🙂

May 13, 2014 @ 4:54 pm

The only other actor that comes close to Tom Hanks is Cuba Gooding Jr., and he’s amazing, too. But there is only one Mr. Hanks. He IS every character he portrays.

The saddest thing about Ms. Travers is that, according to my research, she died loving no one. Even worse, apparently no one loved her. I just can’t imagine anyone living such a hateful, bitter life. Yes, her father died, but she had so much to be thankful for. A mother, sisters, talent…

4. Kathy Tozzi
    May 7, 2014 @ 1:36 pm

If ever there was a movie that could bring even the coldest of hearts to breaking this was it. The love and heartbreaking loss she suffered had me sobbing (hiding my face behind my bucket of popcorn). It seemed like just as you started to hurt from the tears the next scene had you laughing, sometimes a big belly laugh. I absolutely loved this movie and will definitely own it to watch over again with my own bowl of popcorn and Kleenex but NO pears! 2 Thumbs up!!

May 13, 2014 @ 4:50 pm

I know what you mean, Kathy! I was glad I hadn’t gone to the theater to see this – or I’d have been hiding behind my popcorn, too.

And yes…no pears! I don’t like them anyway. I like them less so now. 🙂