1. asraidevin
    July 13, 2012 @ 3:25 am

Love it. I love the new log line as well. 🙂 Great advice.

Sex is a great part of romance. But without romance, sex is just … physical gratification.

July 13, 2012 @ 1:41 pm

Thanks, Asrai! 🙂

You are completely right about physical gratification. If that’s all sex is, the relationship will suffer. One of the individuals is going to start feeling used, and that’s never a good thing.

2. mj monaghan
    July 13, 2012 @ 4:17 pm

KK, great post. Excellent advice. Touch is very important to a lot of people. Have you read Gary Chapman’s 5 Love Languages? It goes into a lot of what gets romance going. Here’s the link to his website. Apparently he’s got quite a few more books out now.

July 13, 2012 @ 6:27 pm

Thanks, MJ. 🙂

I have heard of the book, and even took the quiz on his site once (not surprisingly, I scored highest in touch, although at the time I thought people could easily manipulate the outcome). I’ll have to check. At this point, my advice is based on what I would like, as well as conversations with other women. It wouldn’t hurt to learn more about what guys consider romantic. Probably pizza and a football marathon minus the nagging (kidding!). 🙂

3. Karen McFarland
    July 13, 2012 @ 8:07 pm

Excellent post Kristy! A physical relationship can be so much more if we are willing to put the effort into it. And it doesn’t just happen in the bedroom. Romance can mean different things to different people. I think it is quite sexy when my husband does the dishes or offers to clean the floors. It doesn’t spark the same reaction as a slow dance, but it speaks boatloads about how he feels about me and that he doesn’t take me for granted. I will say this, my man finds the same things romantic that I do. He loves to hold my hand. He loves eating dinner by candlelight, slow dancing and he’s a great kisser. I got a great package and that’s why we’ve been together for decades.

P.S. I hope you received my reply to your comment this week through email. I really appreciated your input. You were not alone in your thoughts on that subject. Thanks for your support Kristy! Have a great weekend! 🙂

July 13, 2012 @ 8:41 pm

Thanks, Karen.Your husband sounds like a very wonderful man. I think we’d all like a clone of him, please. 🙂

You are so right about romance meaning different things. I’m weird enough that I’d find it romantic to have my hair brushed. Don’t ask why I like that, because I don’t know. I just do. Unfortunately the only time that happens is when I’m around little kids. That’s nice, but not terribly romantic. And one time it was downright awful. Voice of experience here…if you have waist length hair…NEVER let a 4 year old near it with a round brush. That was one of the reasons I wound up having about six inches cut off, lol.

I think most things that qualify as romantic aren’t things that people tend to think of right off the bat. It’s not the flowers, candy and other gifts…it’s always going to be the little things. At least for me.

July 13, 2012 @ 8:36 pm

when I left a long term marriage, i made sure to have weekly massages, because I knew how important touch is to each of us. great post Kristy. nice changes

5. Emma
    July 14, 2012 @ 5:00 am

Sometimes the nicest kiss is simply when your boyfriend kisses your forehead. There is something tender about that.

6. Jenny Beans (@JennyBeansBlog)
    July 15, 2012 @ 5:12 pm

I wouldn’t know… I’m a virgin.

Okay, just kidding….

xoxo

7. Lynn Kelley
    July 19, 2012 @ 5:29 pm

You nailed it in this post, Kristy. I completely agree. Well done!