1. mj monaghan
    August 10, 2012 @ 12:01 pm

Wow, KK, this was REALLY good.

I’ve heard that song maybe a hundred times and never listened to the words. What a sad and tragic song. I can’t imagine the pain experienced by the person who wrote that.

You have some very wise words in this post. Thanks for taking your time to share them. 🙂

Have a great weekend!

August 10, 2012 @ 6:16 pm

Thanks, MJ. That song is something else, isn’t it? I remember it gave me chills when I first heard it. And I’d guess whoever wrote it had been crushed at some point in their lives.

You enjoy your weekend, too. I’m loving the start to mine. 6:14 p.m., and it’s 60 degrees. It feels like October (my favorite month). 🙂

• mj monaghan
        August 10, 2012 @ 6:39 pm

Fall is my favorite time of year, as well. I love 60 degrees. It’s been hot here – for San Diego. In the mid 80’s. We don’t have a/c at all. Night time is high 60’s.

Enjoy your respite in the cooler temps.

August 11, 2012 @ 3:24 am

Oh, I’d be in heaven if I could have 60 degrees ten months a year. The other two I’d like 32-with no windchill-and TONS of snow, starting the week before Thanksgiving. Just a flat out 32 is really comfortable. For summer lovers, I’d even be willing to suffer through a couple of months of 75…if there was no humidity. Guess I’m wanting Shangri-La. 🙂

2. Natalie Hartford
    August 10, 2012 @ 12:49 pm

Beautifully said and I love how you use music and the lyrics to really showcase the point. I think we’ve all been there in our lives. Either been holding back or been with someone who was holding back. And you are right, no healthy relationships can survive and thrive in that environment. It takes two people full engaged to have true success. And your suggestions for letting go and setting boundaries are bang on girl!
    GREAT post!
    I would love to read the Romance Manifesto!!! I think you have my email on file?

August 10, 2012 @ 6:27 pm

Thanks, Natalie. I love music. For as long as I can remember song lyrics have always affected me strongly, and I believe they speak to a multitude of situations. So I have to admit, I’m in love with YouTube. Especially since I can post the videos in my blog.

I just sent a link for the manifesto. 🙂

3. Emma
    August 10, 2012 @ 1:42 pm

Love both of those songs. It’s so easy to stop yourself from trying a new relationship because of the pain you’ve gone through in a previous one. I know I’ve been guilty of holding myself back in the past. “Love like you’ve never been hurt.” Isn’t that what people say?
    The Meatloaf song is really sad. I can’t imagine what it must be like to hear someone saying those words to me.

August 10, 2012 @ 6:30 pm

‘Love like you’ve never been hurt.’ That’s a great saying, Emma. It would be so great if everyone could do that, wouldn’t it? And I’m with you. To actually hear someone say there’s no way they will ever love you…I just can’t imagine the pain that would cause. 🙁

4. Jenny Beans (@JennyBeansBlog)
    August 10, 2012 @ 5:00 pm

If it struts like a chicken and clucks like a chicken, it probably is a chicken… or Jenny!

xoxo

August 10, 2012 @ 6:31 pm

LOL…or Kristy. I definitely hang with the chickens. 🙂

August 13, 2012 @ 2:38 am

Not only is it easy to stop yourself from trying a new relationship, but it can stop you from fixing the one that hurt you. Even if that one is worth fixing. Great post, Kristy. You did a beautiful job at putting it all together. Very poetic with the music.

August 13, 2012 @ 3:27 am

Thanks, Debra. You might have figured out by now that music is something that really speaks to me…which is why I use so much of it. 🙂

But yes, being hurt can definitely cause issues across the board. You bring up a good point…relationships that are worth fixing. I may use that as the subject of another post. Because I think it is sometimes hard to tell whether a relationship is worth fixing, or if the people are staying in it just because…well for any number of reasons.

6. Main Street Musings Blog
    August 13, 2012 @ 2:42 pm

So true. Too often we don’t want to do the work needed to repair things, when in the end that would be easier than doing nothing.