1. karenmcfarland
    June 13, 2014 @ 9:51 pm

It is never easy when we lose a beloved member of our family. I think you wrote a wonderful tribute for your Aunt, Kristy. And it’s comforting to be able to share fond memories of family gatherings as a way ease the sorrow and grief. I’m sending you a great big hug girl!

June 20, 2014 @ 9:41 pm

Hugs to you, too, Karen. Thanks. And no it never is easy, though we got to hear a story about how she had walking on water skills after stepping on a stingray while on vacation in Florida. 😀

2. Korinna Rena Props-Berry
    June 13, 2014 @ 11:17 pm

Kristy my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I am close to a couple of my Aunts and my grandparents (maternal) were my rocks. When I lost them, especially my grandfather, who was truly the one man I have ever put on a pedestal, I thought I would never recover. Their memories live on through our family members, and sometimes, every once in awhile, we get a glimpse of heaven when they, or at least their memory empowers us to trudge trenches we thought we’d never have to, or achieve greatness that we thought was always out of reach. May her memory provide a glimpse of heaven for you all!

June 20, 2014 @ 9:43 pm

Thanks, Korinna. Both of my grandparents are gone now, along with several aunts and an uncle. I’m glad we both have good memories of family members who are no longer with us. 🙂

3. Lynner
    June 14, 2014 @ 5:56 am

Beautifully written from the heart. I was crying as I read it. It also hit home for me, as I am also the youngest of 8. Your family sounds like a great one and they are all in my prayers.

June 20, 2014 @ 9:44 pm

Thanks, Lynn. I was crying while I wrote it, lol…most of the day. And yes, they are a great family. Thanks for the prayers. <3

4. Coleen Patrick
    June 16, 2014 @ 9:20 am

Sending love and hugs, Kristy.

June 20, 2014 @ 9:44 pm