1. breeanaputtroff
    November 4, 2011 @ 12:56 am

I’m never prepared for the holidays. Not. ever. Thanksgiving is three weeks away? Seriously? I hadn’t even thought about it. Well, actually, I did RSVP to my friends/neighbors that we’ll go eat at their house. And that may be as prepared as I get, LOL.
    It has not, however, escaped my notice that we’re exactly two weeks away from the midnight premiere of Breaking Dawn. 🙂

November 5, 2011 @ 9:22 pm

My sister called today to invite us to her house for Thanksgiving. That’s going to be fun, especially if both of my brothers accept the invitation, too. We don’t get together often enough so any reason is good. Still gotta make a turkey dinner here the next day though. But that’s cool. It will keep me OUT of the stores on Black Friday. Of course I never go anyway. Not much I hate more than shopping….except the crowds the day after Thanksgiving.

Oh, and Christmas Eve. Made the mistake of stopping at a grocery/department store once on Christmas Eve, thinking everyone would be home with their families. I couldn’t have been more wrong! Every last minute shopper in the northern hemisphere must have been at THAT store. 🙂

2. Kristy K. James
    November 4, 2011 @ 1:17 am

It depends on the year whether I’m prepared or not. This year is looking promising, but for as close as three weeks away is…a lot can happen between now and then. It wouldn’t matter if we did eat somewhere else. I’d have to make a complete Thanksgiving dinner here anyway. My daughter is never happy unless she can eat turkey (and all the trimmings) for six weeks. Okay, just a few days. I toss the leftovers within 72 hours. Going somewhere else sounds like more fun. 🙂

The Breaking Dawn premiere is high on my list of priorities, too. Except I guess I don’t like it enough to go to a midnight showing, lol. Great month for good things. The library finally got the 11th book in the Morganville Vampires series in…which we picked up today. And I’m the first person to read THIS copy. I don’t think that’s ever happened before. Usually there will be grease, coffee or food stains on the pages. Not this time. Can’t wait til the paperback version comes out so I can just buy it. 🙂

3. Pat O'Dea Rosen
    November 5, 2011 @ 5:51 pm

Hi, Kristy,
    Good luck with NaNo. You’ve got a lot on your plate, girl.
    Time passes lightning quick for me, too. Summer seems to last forever, and then it’s Halloween. I saw turkey ads in a food-store circular the other day and wondered why the chain was rushing things. That’s when it hit me: it’s November.

November 5, 2011 @ 7:22 pm

Hi, Pat…
      Thanks! LOL…the ‘lot on my plate’ is true now, and will be truer on the 24th! I haven’t seen any Thanksgiving sale ads here yet, and but hoping they start coming out soon. Not sure why but paying $30-$40.00 for a turkey (likely enhanced with a few pounds of liquid) is a bit annoying. And yes…November is here. The first week is almost gone. Oh no! Gotta start the Christmas shopping. :/

4. Karen Pokras Toz
    November 5, 2011 @ 10:47 pm

I’m cooking Thanksgiving by default – I didn’t want to make the 3+ hr drive up to CT so my parents are coming to me & as long as they are coming, I decided to invite my mother-in-law, which meant I had to invite my brother-in-law & his partner, which meant I had to invite my aunt & uncle… do you see the problem here? 15 guest later…. yikes! Bought my turkey yesterday.

5. Kristy K. James
    November 6, 2011 @ 12:40 am

Wow. You’ll have about as many as my sister, and she’ll have 20, including her family. Twenty-four if my baby brother and his family come.

But no turkey in my freezer yet. So far the least expensive one I’ve found is $1.18 a pound, and if I wait a week or so, they’ll drop by almost half. LOL…amazing the stupid things I turn into a cheapskate over. No problem paying an enormous bill when going out for supper (when I could have made the same meal four times at home for the same price), but pay over a dollar a pound for turkey…uh-uh. 🙂

6. susielindau
    November 6, 2011 @ 1:22 pm

Time accelerates and flies this time of year!! Good luck with Nano! I am feeding off all the energy to write just 25,000!

November 6, 2011 @ 4:30 pm

Thanks, Susie. It’s going to take a miracle, at the rate things are going so far, for me to even hit 10,000. I need to figure out how to get more than 5 hours sleep so my brain starts working again, lol. Good luck with your 25,000! 🙂

7. Joanne Redlon
    November 20, 2011 @ 12:52 am

Thank you for your post, I love this time of year. Everyone is getting together to spend time catching up after the long year apart. This year is even more exciting then the years prior because my husband and I have our first child to celebrate with. I want to set up for Chirstmas now… but I have to wait till after Thanksgiving 🙂

November 20, 2011 @ 1:07 am

How exciting to be celebrating with your first child! That’s always so much fun (with the next children if you have more). LOL…I’m chomping at the bit to put some Christmas decorations out, too!