1. mj monaghan
    January 14, 2014 @ 8:07 pm

WHAT??? M-80’s are/were illegal?? Not that I ever lighted one, threw one in a mailbox, a coffee can, or in a dirt pile. This may come as a surprise, but I may have dodged a bullet a time or two. Possibly more than that. Details may show up on a blog somewhere, someday … one never knows. 😉

By the grace of God, go I. In more ways than one.

January 16, 2014 @ 5:53 pm

Give me a second to stop laughing and then I’ll comment on your comment. 😀 😀 😀

Okay, deep breath…

So…I will look forward to reading about those details. If I can share stories that are probably better left untold, so can everyone else…including you. But I have to ask…that M-80 that wasn’t thrown into a mailbox? Was it also a dud? If not, what might have happened to the box? Just curious. 🙂

Yeah…I can totally relate to the grace of God thing. Sometimes I realize what a miracle it is that I’m still here. When I do stupid, I do it in a big way. :O

January 16, 2014 @ 5:53 pm

Hmm. That last smiley comes out a lot cuter on FB.

• mj monaghan
        January 19, 2014 @ 9:15 pm

That M-80 may have actually exploded. And yes, I’m lucky to be alive, I can tell you that for sure. 🙂

January 25, 2014 @ 7:31 am

That reply, along with two from Kitt, were just discovered in my spam folder. Sigh…

Too funny about the mailbox. Glad you didn’t get caught…and that you lived through your experiences, too. 🙂

2. Karen McFarland
    January 11, 2014 @ 10:55 pm

Kristy, I think all of us have done stupid things at one time or another. It’s a miracle that we are even alive, don’t you think? How many of us would like to hit the restart button? Hindsight is 20/20 and all that. And the scary thing is waiting for our own kids to do the same stupid, dumb stuff that we did. IYKWIM. I don’t want to go there. 🙂

January 16, 2014 @ 5:48 pm

Oh, Karen…I think the fact that our kids can’t learn from our mistakes is the scariest thing of all. Hopefully our tales prevent them from doing at least some of the same stupid things. 🙂

3. Kitt Crescendo
    January 11, 2014 @ 6:37 pm

LOL! First, love the Hal Ketchum song choice.

Second, of COURSE I have moments I regret.

I probably shouldn’t have dated a 22 year old nicknamed ‘Lucky’ when I was 18. The name alone should have been a dead giveaway that he was not good news. The fact that he came to my front door the first time to meet my mother shirtless, sporting his earring, fangs and face paint to go with his leather jacket should probably also have been a heads up, but I justified it with “hey, it’s Halloween and we’re going to a costume party!”

January 16, 2014 @ 5:47 pm

I am seriously behind in my comments…and this time it’s my fault. I just lost track of time.

Anyway…isn’t Hal Ketchum great? I love some of his old songs.

LOL about Lucky. What did your mom think about him – and his costume? Probably not something most parents would love to see the first time they meet their daughter’s new boyfriend. 😀

• Kitt Crescendo
        January 16, 2014 @ 6:46 pm

LOL! My mom told me that, after spending a few minutes talking with him, she was no longer worried about me leaving with him. Her exact words? “He’s not all that smart. I knew you’d get bored pretty quickly. You never have had much patience for stupid people.”

January 25, 2014 @ 7:32 am

LOL!!! Too funny. The not too bright ones were always good for a date or two in between real boyfriends, right? 😀

• Kitt Crescendo